Quick Talk

Chapter 2

You have been practicing with the twins for about a month now, life is getting quite easy in Fontaine. You were at the Hotel Bouffes d'ete with Freminet. "Have you finished your next project Fremmie?" you said with a cheeky smile. "I told you to stop calling me that," Freminet said with a scowl on his face. "Aww but I think it's a cute nickname don't you?" Freminet sighed, "No, I'm not done with my project yet, I still just need a few more gears. How have you been getting along with Lyney and Lynette?" You were a little disappointed Fremmie dropped the nickname topic, "Great actually! I've learned so much from them." "That's good to hear." Freminet sighed while using a towel to clean Pers. You knew something was wrong but decided not to pester the boy.

You and the twins decided to go out to eat today. While you were walking to the cafe you noticed only Lynette was there. You paused in your tracks and your mind went rampant. "Where was Lyney at?" "You can't talk to Lynette by yourself??" You finally calmed your mind and were able to approach the woman who you might have had a small crush on. You waved to Lynette and she returned the gesture with a wave and a smile. You went to go order a cup of coffee and took your seat by Lynette. "Soooo Lynette, where's your brother?" you asked in an awkward tone. "He has gone to retrieve more magic pockets that came in this morning." Lynette replied very maturely. To be honest her reply made you look dumb. "Oh! That's good, more magic pockets to give to the people of Fontaine for when the prophecy comes?" "Mhm." Lynette agreed with a hum while taking a sip of her tea. You knew you could never be in a relationship with her, you barely knew her and you didn't want to get in between her relationship with her brother Lyney. Lynette could tell you were a bit tensed up, she grabbed your hand and asked what's wrong. "Nothing is wrong. I'm fine. Just thinking about stuff you know?" Lynette moved her head to the side with her cat ears following that direction. "I see you don't want to talk about it. That's fine." Lynette then moved her hand away and placed both of them in her lap with her head facing downwards. You felt bad about what you had done, you didn't mean to make Lynette upset too. Right before you were about to say something Lyney seemed to poof behind you and Lynette, and put his arm between you two. "Hey you two wonderful people! Sorry I'm a little behind, I had to take care of some business." Lyney said with his tongue out and winking. You almost yelped in surprise by Lyney's little trick. "Lyney! Hey! Lynette told me everything it's fine." Lynette gave Lyney a small disappointed glance. "Hehe." Lyney laughed out of embarrassment while scratching the back of his head. You three sat there in silence sipping on your choice of drinks and nibbling on your pastries, Lyney was confused and worried while nobody was very chatty today.

After your short snack with the twins you all went to go practice for another performance. The practice went well, but you couldn't help but trudge back to the Hotel Bouffes d'ete in exhaustion and feeling disappointed in yourself. You made it back to your room and face planted onto your bed. Maybe you could talk to Lyney about your feelings for his beloved sister?