Captured

Chapter 7

The waterfalls in Fontaine were so deafening. You, the twins, and Freminet arrived at the Fortress of Meropide entrance along with Neuvillette. Your hands were tied with ropes, granted you were taught how to escape from this situation with ease, but that wasn't a part of the plan. Just what was the plan again? Your head was foggy after someone had knocked you out after the performance. Lyney wore a smirk on his face the entire time, he acted as if he had the whole world in his hands, and everything was going according to his plan. I mean, having this sort of attitude in this type of situation wasn't a "bad" thing, but it could get quite annoying at times. Lynette looked down at her untied boots clearly lost in thought, Freminet was never the confident one and was shaking in his diving boots. You? You were fine, I mean as you mentioned before you felt groggy after being bonked on the head, but as long as the plan carried out as it was supposed to hopefully you and everyone else would be okay. Noticing you were lost in thought you decided to snap out of it and look at your surroundings. Water was surrounding you everywhere. You had glanced over at the Iudex and had noticed he was just standing.. there.. Were you waiting for someone? Just as you thought, the ground started to shake as the elevator ascended. A tall shaggy looking man who had dark hair, and covered in scars from head to toe stood in front of Neuvillette.

"Hey" he said with a wave. Neuvillette glanced at the man, holding his cane with both hands not returning the gesture. "Yes. They are, I have important business to attend to, I would like you to escort them inside of the Fortress."

"I'm on it boss, this way." he gestured to all of you. Neuvillette took this as his sign to leave and walked away with cane in hand. You all stood on the platform and descended underground.

"I say, you all look vaguely familiar? Are you two perhaps the famed magicians up on the surface?" he said gesturing towards Lyney and Lynette.

"..." Nobody said a word.

"You do realize I am giving you permission to talk? Don't worry about being so sophisticated around me, I'm more chill than the Iudex, just don't tell him I said that.."

Lyney coughed in his arm. "Ah sorry, I guess we are all in a little bit of a daze." Lyney replied whilst sticking out his tongue in reply. Gaining his seriousness back, "But yes, I'm Lyney and this is my dear sister Lynette. This is my brother Freminet and they are here assisting us under "Father's" commands."

"Hmm I would like to have tea with this "Father,"" Wriothesley thought to himself. "Ah! I almost forgot to introduce myself as well, my name is Wriothesley, I'm the Duke in the Fortress, please speak to me if there are any troubles." The elevator finally reached its destination, and the smell of fish, and metal filled your nostrils. Hopefully after a while you will get used to it. "It was nice to meet your acquaintances." Wriothesley gestured for 4 men to come over and undo your ropes around your wrists. "Call for Sigewinne to show them around after they get checked in."

"Yes Sir!" The men said in unison.