The Performance

Chapter 6

Countless sleepless nights went by fast. The day was today, to carry out "Father's" mission. The twins were working effortlessly as always on prepping up. Or as Lyney would say it "ironing out the wrinkles". You helped Fremi with editing Lyney's magic pockets so they can hold more weight. Putting all those romantic thoughts behind you, you felt ready, as you thought. Generally you wouldn't go on such big missions such as these. "Father" would make you go on small tasks such as running errands if there was a food shortage at the House, or to pick up supplies if something needed repaired so Freminet could fix it. You've never done an actual mission such as this. This should go smoothly right?... right? I mean you were just transferring all of the wallets into the main Fontaine Safe because even a great magician such as Lyney had limitations. Well, there was no time for doubts now, today was the special day.

Lynette had made tea for breakfast as usual.

"Everyone knows the plan right?" Lyney said, swigging down his tea.

"I'm pretty sure everyone has memorized it more than once by now Lyney.." you said in a snarky tone. You were still pretty pissed at Lyney for being so damn overprotective for no reason. I mean could you blame him? Lynette was his only "true" family. Maybe you were in the wrong.

"Wooaaahh somebody is crabby this morning!" Lyney remarked with a cheesy grin on his face.

"Hmm I wonder why, brother.." Lynette glanced at Lyney in protest. Freminet was scared some type of fight was going to start, he had his hand on the doorknob covering his face with Pers just in case, clearly not wanting to be involved in whatever might happen.

"Alright, alright everyone calm down, this is how no good family should act you know?"

"I think you are the only one that isn't calm." Lynette said, placing her teacup down on the plate. You wondered if Lynette and Lyney had talked about anything that you and Lyney discussed, you hoped not.

"I-" "I swear I was acting as calm as possible.." Lyney said in his mind feeling defeated. Freminet moved to the side from the door, as somebody walked in.

"Oh- The tension in this room is so thick you could cut it with a knife." Arlecchino giggled covering her mouth.

"Father"! everyone exclaimed clearly not expecting her appearance.

"Hello children, I just thought I should visit before the performance."

"Would you like some tea 'Father'?" Lynette asked, clearly wanting Arlecchino to stay hoping that "might" ease the tension in the room.

"Ah I really shouldn't, I have a meeting with Lady Furina soon, but I will get back with you all accordingly."

"Yes 'Father'!" Arlecchino had one last smile and then dismissed herself. Everyone took in a big sigh of relief.

You and Freminet ran across the backstage waiting for Lyney's snap.

And for my next trick, I will need a participant..

You tugged on the silk that covered both you and Freminet's appearance, one mistake and this could all go to hell.

How about the young lady in the front row.

The well-dressed aristocrat made her way to the stage, she was just supposed to be a distraction so that when Lyney transported everyone's wallets backstage nobody would think to check their pockets for their wallet.

Now with the snap of my finger..

Lyney had glanced back at you and Freminet you nodded your head and he nodded back, you exited your current position.

This young lady will disappear and then reappear

Right before your very own eyes!

*snap*

The woman disappeared with her clothes being the only thing remaining, but of course she wasn't the only thing that disappeared. Everyone was on the edge of their seats clearly wondering where she went. You and Freminet quickly gathered all of the wallets, putting them in the magic pockets. You headed off towards the bank. Lyney stepped to the side with a magic card in hand and tossed it all the way to the back of the room. The woman reappeared, fully dressed of course. Everyone turned around in amaze and applauded the young magician. Both Lyney and Lynette bowed, and luckily for the House of Hearth, nobody had a clue.