11/13

Chan knew rooming with Seungkwan would be a nightmare the second Vernon died.

He'd expected it. Everyone else wouldn't want to split from their partners. But Seungkwan had lost his partner, and he was distraught.

"Vernon... Hansollie..." he kept muttering.

"Um, hyung? I get you're upset, but can you shut up?" asked Chan bitterly.

"You're lucky." said Seungkwan suddenly, sitting up and looking at Chan. "You don't have anyone special to lose."

"I've never been happier to be single." said Chan. "But... you've probably never been more miserable."

"Well spotted." said Seungkwan bitterly.

"Hey, I'm just trying to help." said Chan. "I don't want you to feel like that, hyung."

"You can't help me anymore. I'm long gone, Chan."

Chan sighed and turned away, knowing it was useless. Maybe one day, he'd get through to Seungkwan.

***

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes. I trust you with my life."

"Then can I tell you something?"

"Wait, you're not the killer, are you?"

"I thought you trusted me." sighed Soonyoung.

"Sorry." said Jihoon, still catching his breath. "You just sounded so suspicious right then."

"That's the point. We have to trust each other."

"But then won't it be more heartbreaking when one of us breaks? Say it was you, and I trusted you- which I do, somehow. What if you turned out to be the killer? I'd never forgive myself."

"Jihoon..." sighed Soonyoung. "Even if I was the killer... I could never kill you. I love you."

"Ugh, so cheesy." said Jihoon, rolling his eyes.

"You love me back, don't deny it."

"You're annoying, you idiot."

Soonyoung chuckled. "That's the charm. I'm hungry, let's go down to the kitchen."

"You're always hungry. I don't expect to live in the kitchen until the killer gets to us." grumbled Jihoon, following his boyfriend downstairs.

They entered the kitchen together, Soonyoung opening the cupboard. Immediately, he fell backwards, Jihoon catching him just before he hit the floor.

"Wh-what... how... who... no!"

One of the boys was standing upright in the cupboard, a knife through his throat. Blood trickled from the wound, dripping down the boy's shirt. He was clearly dead.

"Who is it?" whispered Jihoon, pale as a ghost.

"It's... i-it's..."

"WHO IS IT?"

"It's... Dokyeom."

Soonyoung's eyes filled with tears. Jihoon stared in shock, unable to believe it.

"So it wasn't Dokyeom..."

Everyone else came running into the room. Joshua's legs immediately became weak, and he fell to the ground, unconscious.

"He's fainted." observed Jeonghan.

"Yeah, no shit." said Seungcheol sarcastically. "What happened?"

"I have no idea." said Jihoon, noticing Soonyoung was too scared to speak. "Soonyoung and I walked in the room because he wanted a snack, and we opened the cupboard and saw Dokyeom."

"I have a few questions for Joshua-hyung when he wakes up." said Minghao, crossing his arms. "But for now, I'll ask: did anyone leave their room, besides Dokyeom?"

Everyone shook their heads. Minghao frowned.

"Excellent. How will we ever find the killer like this?"

"Clearly, the killer is smarter than we are." said Chan. "Therefore, I think it's Wonwoo-hyung."

"What? Why me?"

"You're smart." said Chan simply.

"Hey, leave him alone!" said Mingyu, tightly grabbing Wonwoo's hand.

Chan was about to retaliate, but at that moment, Joshua started to stir. All eyes went to him, the boys watching apprehensively.

"Oh my gosh... Dokyeom..." he muttered, holding his head.

"Shut it, lover boy. I've got some questions to ask you." said Minghao. "Junnie, come with me"

"Wha- why am I getting involved?" asked Junhui.

"Because you're the only one I trust anymore. Now come on." said Minghao, grabbing Junhui's arm. "Follow, hyung."

Joshua followed the Chinese couple, completely clueless. "Do you actually think I killed Dokyeom?"

"All the evidence points towards you. You can't talk your way out of this, idiot." said Minghao.

"Can't you have a little more respect for your seniors?" asked Joshua.

"Not when the senior might be a psychotic killer. Come on, could you walk any slower?"

They reached the living room, Minghao sitting down on the couch, Junhui following suit. "Sit." said Minghao coldly.

Joshua quickly did as he was told, aware of everyone's eyes on him. "What do you want to know?"

"Everything." said Minghao. "Firstly, you and Dokyeom were together, now he's dead. What happened?"

"It's not what it looks like." said Joshua quickly. "I decided to catch up on some sleep, because school is stressful. When I woke up, Dokyeom was gone."

"But no one else left their rooms." said Junhui.

"Strange... I hate to suggest it, but... maybe Dokyeom killed himself?"

"How can you say that?" asked Minghao. "Dokyeom was the happiest person the world could ask for."

"I don't know." sighed Joshua. "Can I go now?"

"Fine, you may go." said Minghao impatiently. "But this isn't over, hyung."