9/13

"Well, at least we know who's next now."

"But that's my boyfriend!"

They had never seen Junhui so worked up. The Chinese student ran his hands through his hair, stressed.

"Junnie, don't worry about it." said Minghao in his mother tongue. "I'll be fine."

"No you won't! You're going to fucking die, and you're telling me you'll be fine?!"

"Junhui, calm down." said Seungcheol, not unkindly. "I get why you're scared, but we can't worry about that for now. Who wants dinner?"

No one answered. Seungcheol couldn't blame them.

"Well then, let's go to sleep." said Jeonghan. "We can't avoid the morning. Bye, Minghao. We'll miss you."

His tone was light and airy as always, but everyone could see the tears in his eyes.

"Hey, don't worry about me." said Minghao. "Just catch the killer for me, okay? I'll be watching, so don't do anything stupid if you don't want me to call you an idiot."

Soonyoung gave a watery chuckle. "I'm sorry it came to this."

Minghao smiled sadly, not speaking. Junhui grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly.

"Good night." said Seungkwan, his voice cracking.

As they walked upstairs, Minghao found himself taking in everything- the bland wallpapers, the slightly worn cinnamon air freshener, even the dead bodies. It was the last of his friends he'd ever see.

"Why do you think the killer would go for Jihoon?" asked Junhui quietly.

"I don't know." replied Minghao. "Maybe to throw us off with an unexpected victim?"

"Maybe." said Junhui. "So... about what we were talking about earlier..."

"This is our last chance." whispered Minghao, looking into Junhui's eyes admiringly. "We might as well enjoy our last night together."

Junhui let out a small cry. "Stop reminding me."

Minghao opened the door to their shared room, letting Junhui in first. "Okay, sorry. Let's just live tonight like nothing else matters."

He started unbuttoning Junhui's shirt, the elder mesmerized by his every move. It all felt so good, and it hurt to realize that this was the last time he would ever feel Minghao's hands on his body.

Minghao carefully slipped Junhui's shirt off and smiled. "Your turn."

Junhui smiled too, doing the same thing Minghao did to him. "You know I love you, right?"

"Of course." said Minghao. "Why the sudden confession out of nowhere?"

"You'll never get to hear those words again." said Junhui sadly.

"Why are you sadder than me? Just... don't do what I did, and you'll be fine." said Minghao. "I'll admit, I was hard on everyone, because I'm so on edge. I don't want to die. But it's time."

Junhui nodded, trying desperately to hold back his tears.

"Don't cry, we're going to make this night the most memorable night ever." said Minghao, wiping the tears from Junhui's cheeks. "Let's do what we've always wanted to do, then."

Junhui nodded again. "Let's."

***

"Let's kill him, then."

"Yes. You ready?"

"Of course. I've been ready."

"They'll never suspect us."

"Oh, of course not! We've even manipulated our own boyfriends to believe us. It's fine."

"Then let's go."

"Yes."

The killer duo crept out of the bathroom, silently giggling. This was kinda fun.

The elder of the two held his finger over his mouth as they reached Minghao and Junhui's room. His apprentice nodded and sealed his lips, a small, sinister smile on his face.

The young couple lay on the bed in front of them, both sound asleep. The killer snickered when he noticed that neither of them wore a shirt.

"Looks like they had fun." said the apprentice quietly.

"Might as well." shrugged the killer. "You have the pills?"

The apprentice nodded, holding up a bottle of sleeping pills. "Affirmative."

"Perfect. Give a few to him." said the killer, pointing to Junhui.

The apprentice carefully placed a few pills in Junhui's mouth. "And now what?"

"Now, we wake the victim." said the killer. "Let him suffer."

He carefully shook Minghao's shoulder. The younger's eyes opened slowly, a bitter smile forming on his face.

"It was you, wasn't it?" he asked.

The killer nodded. "Time to meet your maker, Xu Minghao."

"Whatever. I did what I wanted to." said Minghao calmly. "Kill me."

The killer grinned. "Gladly."

He shoved Minghao against the wall, one hand on his neck. Minghao closed his eyes, waiting for his imminent death.

"Any last words?" he sneered.

"Tell Junhui I love him." said Minghao.

"How sweet." smirked the killer. With that, Minghao fell to the floor, lifeless.

"Another one bites the dust." sighed the apprentice.

"Good." said the killer.

"Of course. Let's go back to our rooms, then?"

"Yeah, let's go."