0/13

"Ha... ha... ha... look what you've done, son."

Seungcheol blinked, suddenly horrified by his actions. There was a monster in his mind. He'd known it, deep down, all along, but it didn't matter. He was the real monster. He'd killed them all.

"Son... father?"

The voice in his head chuckled. "That's right. See, I controlled your mind, convincing you to kill everyone and trick yourself into believing it was what you wanted. Now, I'll leave you to deal with the consequences of your actions."

"But... why would you make me do this?"

"Oh, it's quite simple. Now, I can be rid of you, once and for all."

"Kill me, then!" shouted Seungcheol. "I killed them all! I can't live knowing that!"

"How the tables have turned." said his father menacingly. Seungcheol could almost hear the smirk in his voice.

Using mind control, Seungcheol's father made his son double over, pain throughout his whole body. It was like being stabbed by a thousand knives.

"Ah, you like that, do you?" snarled his father.

Seungcheol shook his head. "No..."

"But you know you deserve it." said his father. "Deep down, you know the pain was bound to come."

Seungcheol let out a cry of pain. He knew it was true. It was agony, but he knew everything was all his fault.

"The blood is on your hands." continued his father. "Because of you, twelve people will never get to breathe again. They won't get to grow up. But you will. If you join my side, we could kill so many people. Together. What do you say?"

"I... father..." said Seungcheol, distressed. "I can't do that. Just kill me."

"What's the fun in a quick and painless death?" smirked his father.

He sent electric shocks through Seungcheol's body, the latter screaming in pain. He couldn't move. He was completely frozen, excruciating agony running through his body.

"Do you want me to stop?" asked his father.

Seungcheol nodded. "Please... father..."

"Join my side, then."

"No!"

"Then you'll die. It's simple."

"Fine!" shouted Seungcheol. "But I won't go down without taking you with me!"

His father laughed. "How? I'm inside your head. You can't hurt me."

Seungcheol grabbed his knife and held it to his head. "Watch me!"

"Stabbing yourself straight through the brain? Bold of you." said his father. "Any last words, Choi Seungcheol?"

"Bitch, rot in Hell." spat Seungcheol, before thrusting the knife through his head.

***

Bodies. All he saw were bodies.

He recognized them all. There was Vernon, unwounded to the outside eye. Dokyeom, blood pouring from his throat. Jihoon, gunpowder still in his hair. Minghao, his neck red, face blue. Wonwoo, his ribs caved in. Jeonghan, still holding his stomach with bloody hands. Seungkwan, an indent in his neck from the rope. Chan, bruises and blood all over his head. Soonyoung, a small smile on his tearstained face. Junhui, his face red from his endless crying. Joshua, his skin severed. And Mingyu, tears falling down his face, even in death.

All these bodies were there because of him. But why did he see them? Wasn't this Hell? Everyone else had reasons to go to Heaven, but he had ruined it for himself. Why was he with them? Maybe as a painful reminder of the trauma he'd inflicted over the past two days?

Yes, two days. It was hard to believe that just two days ago, the thirteen of them had been smiling and laughing before finding their teacher dead in a cabinet. He had always felt responsible for their happiness, and now here he was- responsible for their misery as they died. He was the reason twelve innocent teenage boys would never get to live again. Never get to go to college, never get to marry the love of their lives, never get to watch their children and maybe even grandchildren grow old. If they couldn't be happy, he didn't want to be happy either.

So he walked further down the long red catacomb, stopping at Jeonghan's body. His hands were folded over his stomach, a peaceful expression on his face. It seemed he had found peace with his death. He let out a small cry and gently touched his boyfriend's face.

"I'm sorry, Hannie. I wish it didn't have to be like this. I know this is all my fault. You don't deserve me."

He closed his eyes and let the tears fall, but at that moment, he heard someone gently calling his name.

"Cheollie..."

Only one person called him that...

"Cheollie, wake up."

Seungcheol opened his eyes, blinking and looking at his surroundings. He was in his bed, in the apartment he shared with Jeonghan, the beautiful boy in question sitting beside him, gently stroking his hair.

"I'm... alive. You're alive." he said slowly.

Jeonghan smiled sadly. "I'd never leave you, baby."

Seungcheol sat up quickly and hugged Jeonghan tightly. "And the others? Our classmates? Our teacher?"

"Well, of course." said Jeonghan, confused. "Tell me about your dream."

Seungcheol hesitated. How could he even begin to explain his twisted nightmare to Jeonghan?