3/13

"Jihoon... Jihoon..."

It was safe to say Soonyoung was officially going crazy.

He was positive part of the reason he was so upset was his normally upbeat personality. He'd been happy and energetic for too long. Now, Jihoon's death hit him like a freight train speeding at 200 miles per hour.

He knew he wasn't the only one struggling. If anyone else was struggling, it was Junhui. The two of them had been hit the hardest. In Junhui's case, he and Minghao had only recently started dating. Their love had been fresh and new. It was too soon to let go of each other.

But Soonyoung... he was distraught. He hardly left his room. He didn't sleep. He didn't eat or drink. All he did was sit there and miss Jihoon. It was hard to think that just a day ago, this whole mess had started.

He hated himself for what he was doing to himself. He knew it wasn't healthy. But a part of him didn't care. All he wanted was to see Jihoon again.

Tears streamed down his face for the nth time in the past day. His eyes were red and bloodshot, dark bags forming underneath. He must have looked dreadful. What would Jihoon think of him?

Jihoon...

He choked back a sob. Why was it so hard? Why couldn't he just say goodbye and move on? Would he always feel this way?

He felt his mouth dry a little more by the second, but he didn't care. He knew the dehydration was kicking in, and he was going to let it happen. Anything to see his Hoonie again.

His eyes fell upon the wall clock, watching the minutes tick by. 11:55. Five more minutes till midnight. A new day would start soon- a new day without Jihoon.

11:56. What was the point of getting up to get a drink? In fact, what was the point of getting up at all- why not lay there forever?

11:57. Did Jihoon miss him too? Was he sitting up in Heaven, watching him grieve endlessly?

11:58. Time seemed to fly, but he certainly wasn't having fun.

11:59. Just one more minute. It was almost a new day.

12:00. He closed his eyes softly, knowing his time had come. The lack of water was catching up to him.

"I'm coming, Jihoonie." he whispered with his last breath, before his body went limp, and he was gone.

***

Meanwhile, in another room, Junhui lay facedown on the bed, sobbing silently into Minghao's pillow. His scent still lingered, wrapping Junhui in a blanket of both comfort and loneliness.

The same question echoed in his mind countless times: why? Why did things have to be this way? Why couldn't he just savor Minghao's love a little longer?

He was sick of it all. His friends were dying, at the hands of someone he had thought to be one of those friends. The feeling of betrayal and grief was too much for him to handle.

Why didn't he just give up? He'd be with Minghao again. And besides, he was going to die anyway, sooner or later. Life seemed pointless without the only person he had ever loved. He'd rather be gone at his own hands rather than those of the killer.

He stood up slowly, his tired body leading him to the bathroom without much thought. He broke the child lock and opened the cabinet, finding exactly what he wanted; pills.

Not that he needed them for medical reasons.

"HaoHao... I'm sorry it had to be this way." he whispered, speaking in his mother tongue. "I can't live without you. You know I'm nothing without you. You must be so disappointed in me right now. But I don't see the point of living on without you. Forgive me. I couldn't stay strong for you. I'm sorry. I'm coming."

One pill. Two pills. One by one, until he had swallowed the whole bottle.

His vision became blurry, and he stumbled through the dark hall, desperate to feel the comfort of Minghao's presence one last time. He collapsed onto the bed, burying his face in the pillow. There was nowhere else he would rather die. He let Minghao's soothing scent carry him away, falling into an eternal slumber.