5/13

"You useless bitch... if you can't kill Chan, I will."

The killer walked through the halls, not caring about looking suspicious. All that mattered was that Chan died. How much did he know? Had Seungkwan spilled his secret before he murdered him?

"Where are you, you little rascal?" he whispered, squinting his eyes. He couldn't have gotten far, right?

Suddenly, he saw someone disappear around the corner. He ran towards the boy, and sure enough, it was Chan.

"Hyung? What is it?" he asked, confused. Blood was still dripping from his head.

"I heard Seungkwan tried to kill you." said the killer, as calmly as possible.

"Well, yeah." said Chan. "How'd you know?"

The killer merely smirked, leading Chan into the room he and Seungkwan had shared. The maknae gasped when he saw Seungkwan's body hanging from the ceiling.

"You killed him! You're the killer!"

"That's right." said the killer. "Shall we go to the library?"

"Why the library?" asked Chan, practically glued to the wall.

"To see the one thing Seungkwan did right." said the killer.

"He killed Wonwoo-hyung." said Chan, catching on. "But... why would you do this?"

"Oh, Channie." sighed the killer. "One doesn't need a reason to be the way he is."

He grabbed Chan's arm, pulling him to the library. Chan merely went along helplessly, knowing this had to be the end for him. He'd gotten lucky once, and that was enough. He wouldn't get lucky again - he'd be killed before he had the chance.

"You'll be caught." said Chan weakly. "They'll catch you."

"How? Two of them are locked in their rooms, grieving their losses." said the killer. "And the other two are barely holding on. I think I'm safe. Everyone refuses to stick together, for fear that they'll be locked in with a killer. Of course, they're dumb."

"You're dumb." retorted Chan, struggling in the killer's tight grip.

"Ay, that's no way to treat a killer." said the killer, holding him even tighter.

"I'm going to die anyway, what's the point of being respectful?" asked Chan, his tone more serious than ever.

The killer laughed, a sickening laugh that made Chan want to throw up. "Too right, you are."

They entered the library, the killer closing the door behind them. Chan swallowed his tears at the sight of Wonwoo's body.

"And no one's spotted the book." said the killer, smirking. "They must think it to be of little importance. Oh, if only they knew how wrong they were. This book could blow my entire cover."

"No one ever said these hyungs were smart." said Chan, slightly annoyed. To be fair, he hadn't bothered either, out of fear.

"Let's read the book, then." said the killer. "One last time. Reading to the baby."

"Shut up." growled Chan, with surprising aggression.

The killer laughed. "Ah, the baby's getting cranky... should I put you to bed right now?"

Chan shivered. "No thank you."

"Alright then, let me read the book to you." said the killer, taking the book out of Wonwoo's cold hand. "I wrote this, by the way."

"You did?" asked Chan, surprised.

"Yes." said the killer. "Shall we start?"

Once upon a time, there was a young teenage boy. He had everything he could ever want, but he still wasn't satisfied. Life never seemed to change. He never showed it, but his classmates were his worst enemies- even his own boyfriend.

Life would be so much better, so much easier, if he could just get rid of the twelve boys that stood in his way of true happiness. But he knew he couldn't do it alone. He needed help- and so he turned to an apprentice, by the name of Boo Seungkwan.

Seungkwan was reluctant at first, but agreed instantly once he heard there was money in it for him. His family really needed it, and that was why the boy chose Seungkwan. He was young, innocent, and gullible. He would do anything he was told, no matter the consequences.

So he set off on a killing spree, locking his classmates in an old hotel. One by one, they fell. They never got their happy ending- but the boy did. And he had no regrets.

The story ended abruptly. Chan looked up, disgusted.

"Bitch." he spat.

"That's the charm." smirked the killer. "Goodnight, Lee Chan. It's time to meet your maker."

He grabbed the book and smacked Chan in the head with it. It was certainly a strong blow, but it wouldn't have been deadly if Chan wasn't already injured. He fell to the ground, crying out in pain as blood poured from his head like water from a faucet. The killer chuckled and turned around.

"Sleep well, maknae-ya."