7/13

Knock knock.

"Hyung? Are you still in there?" called Mingyu from outside the library.

No response. Mingyu froze.

"Hyung? Answer me!"

He jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned to see Jeonghan, a worried expression on his face. "Is it locked?"

Mingyu nodded. "And barricaded, from the looks of it. He must not have wanted to be disturbed, yet something tells me he was."

"I feel that too." said Jeonghan. "Cheol, babe, can you come open this door?"

"How is he supposed to open it if it's locked?" asked Mingyu.

Jeonghan shrugged. "Cheol can do everything."

Seungcheol appeared behind them. "Stand back." he said, rolling up his sleeves. "If Jihoon can nearly kick a door clean off its hinges, so can I."

He gave the door a strong kick, and it swung open. A bookshelf fell to the ground, resulting in a loud thud.

"Wow, these doors are really weak." said Seungcheol, impressed with himself.

"Hyung!" cried Mingyu, running into the room. "Hyung, where are you?"

Still no response. Mingyu felt tears coming to his eyes, fearing the worst.

Suddenly, his eyes fell upon a tall body lying on the ground, his glasses askew, a book in his hand. Mingyu screamed and fell to the floor, tears now falling freely.

"Hyung... hyung, you said you wouldn't die!"

Jeonghan knelt beside him, Seungcheol standing behind them. "It looks like broken ribs." said Jeonghan quietly. "I'm sorry, Mingyu."

But Mingyu didn't hear him. He let out a sort of strangled cry and fell on top of Wonwoo's body, sobbing into his shirt.

Seungcheol watched sadly, one hand on Jeonghan's shoulder. "Who could have done this? If the door was locked..."

"Someone must have been waiting for him." said Jeonghan. "There's nothing we can do now. The killer must have fled already."

"If he hadn't gone off on his own, none of this would have happened!" cried Mingyu. "And I thought he was smart! You... you idiot, hyung!"

"Let's get you back to your room." said Jeonghan, putting an arm around Mingyu. "Come on..."

Mingyu reluctantly stood, allowing Jeonghan to lead him away. As they left, he looked back at his boyfriend's body, knowing this was the last he would ever see of it.

***

Jeonghan sighed, closing the door behind him as he left Mingyu in his and Seungcheol's room with Joshua. They had all lost someone now. Everyone except... him. Did that mean either he or Seungcheol was next?

He started walking back to his room, but he was suddenly pulled aside by someone with their face covered. "Let me go!" he cried, but the person slapped a hand over his mouth, muffling his cries.

That was the moment Jeonghan knew... this was the end for him.

"You're the killer, aren't you?" he asked, eyeing the knife in the boy's gloved hand.

The boy nodded. "Why else would I have a knife?"

Jeonghan's eyes widened. "Wait..."

The killer grinned as he took off his mask, revealing his face.

Jeonghan gasped. "It was you all along! You... you BITCH! How could you kill everyone so heartlessly?"

"It's fun." shrugged the killer.

"You're absolutely sick." said Jeonghan in disgust.

"I know."

"Stop! This isn't you!"

The killer rolled his eyes. "Oh, please. You don't know me."

Jeonghan backed into the wall helplessly. He was stuck in a dark closet with a killer, completely cornered. It was safe to say he was not in a good situation.

"You fucking betrayed everyone." spat Jeonghan suddenly, sounding much braver than he felt. "You murdered everyone."

"Oh, I'm not done yet." said the killer. "Would you like to join the collection?"

Jeonghan pushed the killer against the wall angrily. "No! I'll get out of here, and I'll rat you out to everyone!"

"How?" asked the killer, coming way too close for comfort and resting his hand on Jeonghan's chest. "You're trapped, Yoon Jeonghan. You can't escape your fate."

Deep down, Jeonghan knew it was true. He was screwed. How did he expect to get out of this?

The killer grinned and pushed the knife into Jeonghan's stomach. Jeonghan tried to scream, but the pain was too excruciating. The only thing he could hear was the maniacal laughter of the killer as he held his stomach tightly, blood covering his hands. He couldn't die like this... not yet...

Finally, he collapsed, unmoving. The killer chuckled to himself, pulling the knife out.

"I'll be taking this now. Goodbye."