3. "It's gloinks or the abstracted clown."

"We should have a brand new adventure for our new members, Y/n and Pomni!" Caine flourished his baton excitedly.

    "I said that like five minutes ago," Jax grouched.

    "Please no - I'm too overwhelmed for an adventure, can we not??" I asked. I still felt like shit from Caine's stupid warping.

    "Uh, I don't - really -" Pomni stammered, but Caine interrupted her.

    "Since you and Y/n are new around here, we'll make it a simple, in-house adventure to warm you up for how things work around here." Caine smiled unsettlingly.

    "What? No, god! I don't want an in-house adventure," Zooble grumbled, crossing their arms.

    "Don't worry, I'll make it something unobtrusive that you can still choose to not get involved with." Caine patted Zooble's shoulder before zooming off. "Today's adventure is... gather the gloinks!" Caine started laughing manically.

    "Sorry to bother your rant but what the f*bleep* are gloinks??" I asked.

    "Glad you asked, Y/n, they're-"

    "And what do they do?" Bubble barged in. "And how do they-" Caine casually exploded Bubble and went on.

    "Gloinks are small mischievous critters that steal anything and everything they run into. Why do they do this? How do you stop them? Well, that's for you to find out."

Caine popped out of existence after finishing his rant. The gloinks tumbled and picked up everything that wasn't nailed down in the distance.

I buried my face in my hands. How was I supposed to try and find an exit if Caine kept bringing up quests and adventures like these? Was he purposefully stopping me from my newly attained goal? How would I get out of this mess now? I certainly didn't want to be stuck in this hellhole with an unhinged AI and the king of annoying sass, Jax.

I snapped out of my troubling reverie when Pomni spoke up.

    "Uh so, what did any of that mean?"

    "Ohh, that's just one of Caine's little adventures." Ragatha answered. "They're just something to do to, you know, prevent us from going insane." She spread her hands helplessly.

    "Speak for yourself," Zooble sighed. "If anyone needs me, then f*bleep* off." They turned to walk away but then got kidnapped by the rampaging gloinks. "JEEZ NO - SOMEBODY HELP, YOU B*BLEEP*S!"

    "Oh, no, they killed Zooble." Jax said matter-of-factly. "Anyway ya guys wanna get something to eat??"

    "Uhm - shouldn't we help them?" I said uneasily, holding my hand out halfheartedly, straining my neck to keep Zooble's body parts in sight as they tumbled into the distance.

    "Nah, they'll be fine. Zooble won't go insane; they're one of the people who recently joined apart from Pomni and you now, hot stuff."

    "Still sticking to this nickname? You could have chosen ANY OTHER god damn name but you chose this?"

Jax posed sassily.
    "Yuh. It's not like you're fighting to stop me saying it."

    "No. I'm just too tired to deal with your bullsh*bleep*-"

    "Woahhhh okay guys, let's stop here. Jax, stop being an idiot. Y/n, take a breather." Ragatha stepped in between us, hands raised in a placating gesture. "Oh, I know what we should do! Come on, we should check on Kaufmo. I'm pretty sure he would like to meet Pomni and Y/n."

Kinger shrieked when the gloinks stole all of his pillows.
    "MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS!"

    "Hey! You wanna come with us to check on Kaufmo?" Ragatha called to him.