4A. "Just this prank, deal?"

NOTICES

This is a oneshot bonus chapter, and will be around 300-500 words.
It will be like a little AU :DDD
Any chapters with letters are oneshot bonus chapters.

Requested by @SofiDeLove

If you would like to request a oneshot, please go to Chapter 4 and scroll to the bottom.

Enjoy 😊

—————

Our footsteps echoed off the colorful walls as me and Ragatha strolled through the corridor that housed all our dorms.

    "You may want to watch your back more often," Ragatha warned with a hopeless shrug. "Jax has been on a terrorizing - I mean pranking spree."

    "Since when have I let my guard down?" I replied, "the purple idiot and I both know by unspoken rule that we are now mortal enemies. I'm his number one target."

    "He's already put a bunch of centipedes under my pillow and I heard from Pomni that she slipped on a buttload of marbles that he slid under her and went crashing into that door that holds the boxing glove," Ragatha shivered, her dreadlocks standing on end. "All the other people have gotten a prank pulled on them in one way or another. Jax is probably saving you for last."

    "Don't worry, I've come prepared," I assured her. This idea in particular was genius when I first thought of it, and whatever prank Jax pulled on me, I would return it in full force.

    "Well, I'm going to go lie down for a minute. I'll see you around, Y/n." Ragatha smiled wearily as she opened the door of her room and went in.

I waved hesitantly before traipsing off to the main area of the Tent by myself. I had been meaning to call for Caine and ask him when the next adventure was and whether it would be outside.

If I could somehow find that exit door, maybe I could find more clues as to how this place really worked.

The purple idiot blocked my way before I could actually go to the center of the Tent.

    "Heyyy hot stuff. Where're you going?"

    "Anywhere you aren't."

I was ready to push past him, but Jax stopped me.

    "Oi, move. B*bleep*, you're being wayyy too stubborn today."

    "I have my reasons, hot stuff." Jax took a few steps closer until we were practically breathing the same air. "Okay, and... perfect." He grabbed my shoulders and shoved me backwards.

I yelped as I staggered and my foot snagged onto a tripwire of some kind. Then something coiled around my ankle and hoisted me upwards, leaving me swinging upside down.

Jax was sniggering uncontrollably, flashing his trademark smirk at me every now and then. I narrowed my eyes at him.

    "Two can play this game, rabbit boy."

I finally removed my hand from behind my back, where it had rested since the conversation with Ragatha. I flourished Zooble's yellow-and-orange arm and hurled it at his head. The hand perfectly smacked into his neck and it straight up choked him.

Jax gagged, wheezing, and flopped to the floor like a fish out of water.

I clutched my stomach, cackling and shrieking with laughter, still swinging upside down.

Zooble poked their head from the dorms corridor.

    "Did it work?"

    "YES IT DID HAHAHAHHH-"

Zooble's hand released itself from Jax's neck and Zooble picked it up.

Jax coughed and staggered to his feet.

"Alliances within the Circus? Hah, never seen it before."

"It's because you're an a*bleep*hole and no one wants to be with the likes of you," I said at once, snapping my fingers sassily.

Jax's obnoxious grin was back.

"Though... I'll admit that your prank was good. Here's a deal: you prank one person with me, and I'll leave you alone, hot stuff. Just one prank, deal?"

"What makes you think that I'll believe you, huh?"

We stopped our argument when we saw Kinger and Gangle being terrorized by a couple of runaway gloinks that must've slipped from Caine's grasp. The ringmaster was floating above them, doing nothing.

I turned to Jax.

"One prank on Caine because he's being an unhelpful twit."

"You got it, hot stuff."

Jax produced a stink bomb out of nowhere and proceeded to give me another one.

We crept closer and aimed at his head. But when we threw the stink bombs, Caine dodged them lightning speed.

"YOU FORGOT THAT I HAVE HUNDREDS OF ALL-SEEING EYES ON YOU-"

"SHUT THE F*BLEEP* UP!" I screamed.

—————
Published 29/8/2023.
Y'all I rushed this a bit so tell me if there are any mistakes lol

~opalico