6. "What the f-"

"Why are you lying face down on the floor?" Gangle asked, sitting next to me.

    "Contemplating how f*bleep*ed up my life is right now," I replied without a trace of embarrassment.

    "Fair enough."

Gangle patted my shoulder, her forked ribbon-hand a soft swish of whimsy. I lifted my head onto my hands and saw that her comedy mask had been restored to its former unblemished state, her large black eyes were pools of innocent bliss.

    "Where's Caine?" I asked her. "Wasn't he all excited about the next adventure he's been planning after Christmas?"

Gangle shrugged, beaming innocently.

"I've seen him zooming around like a demented bat. He hasn't said anything to us yet; I'm sure he's nearly finished with our adventure though!"

I smiled wearily at her.

"Thanks, Gangle."

Her ribbons flashed happily as she got up.

"I'm gonna go find Kinger. See you later Y/n!" Gangle skipped towards Kinger's pillow fort.

I flipped myself onto my back, staring at the kaleidoscopic chaos of the Tent's structures above me. I had gotten no sleep ever since the Christmas fiasco, hastily slotted into place after me and Pomni's arrival.

And today was the morning after that fiasco. I actually had absolutely no idea if Jax meant it on his bet to, you know. I was pretty sure that he just wanted to mess with me like the bully he was.

Smirking up at the ceiling, I reveled in that thought. The purple rabbit was nothing but an asshole.

I turned my head sideways and was met with Jax's grinning face.

    "Hey hot stuff-"

I screamed and scrambled backwards, glaring at him.

    "Dude what the f-"

Jax quickly sat up and covered my mouth before I could say some very colorful words that would be censored ANYWAY, you little purple dipshit. "No swearing in the Circus hot stuff. You know the rules and so do I -"

    "Bullsh*bleep*. Since when did you follow the rules?"

    "Anyway," Jax continued, completely ignoring my question, "Caine's gathering all the people to the stage for our next adventure. We don't want to be late, hot stuff. Come on."

Jax tugged me up and pulled me to stand in front of the stage, smiling his shit eating grin. I smacked his arm away from mine and focused on Caine.

"Today's adventure is Candy Carrier Chaos!" Caine let loose a deafening volley of fireworks and confetti. "That's right, the Candy Canyon Kingdom has been robbed of their most valuable resource - maple syrup!"

"What's with the alliteration?" I whispered sideways to Jax. "He's treating us like children."

"Does that piss you off? Hey Y/n, we're going to the Candy Canyon Kingdom for Candy Carrier Chaos-"

"Shut up."

Caine continued his lecture.

"It's up to you to bring the rotten bandits who stole it to sweet, buttery justice!"

"An entire kingdom of candy? Sounds sticky." Bubble chimed in innocently.

"Very sticky indeed-"

"Sounds *BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP-"

"Bubble you can't say that."

"I wanna know what Bubble said," Jax complained but Caine turned momentarily deaf to his words.

Zooble stared contemptuously at Caine before grunting a tired 'no' and tottering away.

Caine desperately tried to get Zooble to stay while Jax sidled slyly up to them.

"Ooh, a new AI. You don't wanna mess with the new AI, Zoobie?" Zooble rolled their eyes.

"Uh, yeah no." They walked away.

Jax shrugged flirtatiously at me and sauntered back to my side.

"Worth a shot."

"Sounds fun; what do you think, Pomni?" Ragatha nudged Pomni.

"So our entire existence here..." Pomni wore a face of utmost depression while Gangle happily looked on. "is just LARPing??"

"Well we have to find something to do unless we drive ourselves ins-" Caine abruptly appeared in front of us and flailed his arms wildly.

"Why are you all just standing there? T - The - Canyon - Candy Canyon Kingdom needs you now!"

Caine yeeted us all into a glowing portal. It spat us out into an open-air carriage being pulled by a large gummy elephant, pulling us behind it without a care in its candy-filled world. Caine had no right to make an NPC look that happy while the lot of us were insane and depressed.

And purely by luck, totally not because of Caine, I landed in Jax's lap. He smirked and leaned in closer.

"So hot stuff, this is a beautiful place for a first date don't you think?"

"You still have to make me fall for you," I pointed out. "And it's never gonna happen. Say goodbye to your dreams that will remain dreams."

"Don't be like that hot stuff, you just love the Candy Canyon Kingdom and the Candy Carrier Chaos quest-"

"Don't you dare antagonize me. Didn't Caine also mess it up too?"

"We don't talk about that."

—————

Yo guys have you seen the

"My name is Caine
I am your bitch"

~opalico