Fat Girl Problem 20: Children

Christmas was coming up soon, which meant I along with the rest of the world needed to buy gifts. Thea found this the perfect opportunity to double date, so here I was at the mall with Thea, Brad, and Connor. So far things were okay.

After the whole Connor popping up in my mind and confusion over Brad, I felt awkward around the both of them. Brad didn't really seem to notice, but I couldn't say the same for Connor. Everywhere I went it seemed like his eyes were drilling holes into the back of my head. It bothered me a lot.

"Quinn! Let's go!"

I looked up and saw that they were all a few meters ahead of me. Thea was waving at me crazily and I quickly caught up to them. My thoughts were so disarranged too.

"Let's go to Claire's," Thea said.

I agreed along with the boys, even though I didn't have a need to go there. Claire's was expensive, way too expensive for me. I guess I'd window shop.

Only Thea, Connor, and I went inside the store. Brad saw some of his old friends, so he went to greet them. I didn't mind because of the awkward tension between us. That made me wish Connor would leave too.

Thea quickly rushed to the new collection of jewelry once inside. That left Connor and I alone, so I quickly went to a shelf of jewelry. I needed to be away from him without him completely noticing.

To my disappointment, I felt a presence beside me. Even though I didn't look up from the necklace I was admiring, I knew it was Connor. I could tell because Connor was an extremely warm person. Whenever I was around him I could feel heat radiate off of him.

"What are you looking at?" he asked.

"That necklace."

I pointed to the necklace I was admiring. It was beautiful. Silver with multiple crystals dangling from it. Something that I found absolutely stunning. However, the price of it was also stunning. I could never afford it.

I sighed. "Looking at this is depressing. I'm going to wait outside."

I went outside without waiting for a reply. Thankfully Connor didn't follow me. More thankfully Brad was still talking to his friends. That left me happily alone for once. Something I hadn't been for a while.

That didn't last long though. Thea soon approached me with a huge smile on her face.

"Guess what?" she asked.

"What?" I responded.

"Connor's buying something from Claire's and I think it's for me!"

Her smile grew and I smiled at her. That was sweet of him. I guess he was a good boyfriend, something I didn't really expect out of him. Actually, I didn't really know much about his romantic life. Thea never said much about their dates. I should ask one day.

In a matter of seconds, Connor walked to us. Thea tried to hide her happiness, but it didn't really work out. Connor shot me a confused look because of that, and I just shrugged. I honestly didn't understand her most of the time, so I was used to the confusion.

"Is everyone done?" I heard Brad ask.

We all looked to the right and saw Brad walking back to us. He was wearing a grin. Surprisingly, that was the happiest I'd seen him today. I wasn't sure if it was my fault or not.

"Yeah, let's go take a picture with Santa Claus," Thea said grinning happily.

"Aren't we a little old for Santa Clause?" Brad asked.

"No one is too old for Santa!" Thea exclaimed, pouting her lips cutely.

Brad and Thea had a debate over Santa Clause for a while. Connor and I just watched silently. Well, I was actually watching something else. I was watching Connor. Suddenly, I had realized something.