Fat Girl Problem 22: Christmas Part 1

"Connor!"

I groaned from the loud shouting and shut my eyes more tightly. I had no idea where it was coming from and I was tired. The fact that Connor's name was being yelled confused me though.

"Connor!"

I felt myself being gently moved. Groaning again, I was saddened by the not-as-comfortable feeling of laying somewhere else. Where I was laying before felt great.

"How dare you sleep with my daughter!"

With those words being said, my eyes flew open. The first thing I saw was my dad. His hands were on his hips and he looked furious. I followed his glare to see Connor standing in front of me, but surely away from me. For once he looked nervous.

"Answer me boy!" my dad demanded.

Suddenly the question fully registered in my head. Oh my god. I fell asleep on Connor yesterday. Heat filled my cheeks.

"Dad, it was my fault," I said awkwardly.

All of my dad's anger suddenly focused on me. He glared at me with furious eyes that made me shiver. Dad rarely got mad, but when he did he was scarier than Connor.

"Sorry," I quickly apologized, ashamed of what happened.

Dad sighed. He ran his fingers through his hair and just left without another word. I felt bad. I knew I disappointed him and I hated that feeling. All I wanted was to make him happy. He had done so much for me and Tim.

My eyes shifted to where Connor stood. He was staring down at me with sympathetic eyes. More blush filled my cheeks. I was embarrassed by what happened yesterday and today. I couldn't believe I fell asleep on him.

"I'm sorry," I suddenly apologized to him.

A half-smiled suddenly formed on his lips. "Why are you saying sorry? I enjoyed it."

My eyes widened in shock and he smiled. Suddenly my heart fluttered as I stared at the beautiful sight that spoken those words. I enjoyed it. He probably was joking, but I was now flustered.

"Um, uh, let's go to the kitchen. You must, uh, be hungry," I said getting up.

He chuckled and followed me to the kitchen. As I began to walk I spotted the Christmas tree. Oh my god! It's Christmas!

Quickly, I turned around to face him.

"Merry Christmas!" I exclaimed.

He smiled, which surprised me because he seemed awfully happy today. I liked this side of Connor though. To my surprise, he suddenly hugged me.

"Merry Christmas," he said.

I awkwardly hugged him back, even though I was stunned by the sudden hug. This was definitely not the Connor I knew. I was oddly enjoying the hug though. His warmth was welcoming. Everything about him was welcoming.

Connor soon let go of me. "I should go home. You should be spending Christmas with your family."

My eyes widened as I blurted out, "No stay!"

I covered my mouth instantly, shocked by the words that flew out of it. Connor just stared at me, equally shocked. I felt embarrassed. I just wanted Connor to be here though. His company was really enjoyable. Not to mention he said he wasn't on good terms with his family, so he spent holidays with me. No one deserves to have a crappy Christmas, so I wanted him to stay here.

"Stay," I insisted. "My dad loves you and you'll get to meet my brother."

Connor hesitated at first, but he agreed. "Sure."

Smiling, I first led him to a washroom so he could brush his teeth with a spare brush. I went to my own to do the same. We had slept through a night, meaning our breath was probably disgusting.

After ten minutes, I found Connor and led him to the kitchen. To my disappointment/delight my dad and Tim were in there. Dad glanced at me, but quickly looked away. Tim stared at Connor in awe.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Tim asked in awe.

I shook my head quickly. "No, he's my friend."

"Wow, he looks cool!" Tim exclaimed, staring at Connor with wide eyes.

Connor chuckled lightly and walked up to Tim. He gently put a hand on Tim's head, ruffling his dark curly hair.

"It's nice to meet you bud. You seem pretty cool too," he said.

I smiled as Tim smiled from ear-to-ear. It looked like Connor had just given him the best present ever, which was a coincidence since it was Christmas. My heart warmed up from the sight.

"What is he still doing here," my dad suddenly asked rudely.

He shot Connor the death glare, but Connor seemed uncaring. This calmed my nerves down because this was the Connor I knew. The calm, cool, and collected one.

"He's going to spend Christmas with us," I responded.

Dad's eyes narrowed at Connor. "Why?"

"Because I said so."

I put my hands on my hips, tired of my dad's overprotective behavior. All we did was sleep together, not have sex or anything. Dad needed to realize I wasn't a little girl who would do stuff like that. I was going to university soon.

"Fine," my dad said. "Let's go watch some movies."

I grinned. "Let's go."

"Rudolph the red nose reindeer! Had a very shiny nose!"

I groaned as Dad, Tim, and Connor sang Rudolph the red nose reindeer for the third time. It was driving me insane, even though the fact Connor was singing was entertaining me.

Annoyed, I snapped, "Stop, stop!"

They sang louder and I groaned. Connor smiled at me as he sang and I narrowed my eyes at him. This was his fault. He had chosen to watch Rudolph the red nose reindeer as the fourth and final Chrismas movie of the day.

In a minute they finished singing. I plugged my ears, ready for another round of the song. Thankfully they all just stared at me, wearing sheepish grins. I glared at each and every one of them.

"Finally," I said.

Dad looked at Connor. "I think I fell for you all over again."

Connor chuckled and I exclaimed, "Dad!"

Tim laughed as dad winked at Connor. Gagging all over again, I watched as dad suddenly yawned, stretching his arms out and everything.

"I'm tired," he stated. "Let's go to bed Tim."

"But I want to hang out with Connor!" Tim whined.

"Tim, I have something for you upstairs," Dad bribed.

Tim's face broke out in a grin as he quickly got up. Dad and Tim said their goodbyes to Connor and then went upstairs. That left Connor and I alone, which I think was dad's intentions. There was no way he'd sleep at only eight.

Smiling at Connor, I began to feel excited to spend the rest of Christmas with him. Christmas had never been this fun. I had a feeling it was all thanks to him.