𝑠𝑖𝑥 ᵗⁱᵗᵃⁿ

Year 850

Year 850

If there was one thing you did not see coming, it was being a witness at Eren Yeager's trial, which will determine whether he lives or dies. You did not actually see him turn into one of those monsters, but your dreams clearly predicted the outcome years ago. How this is possible you don't know, but a personal letter from the Commander of the Survey Corps himself made it clear that your testimony in this case is needed to help Eren.

The trial starts in an hour, and you're currently waiting for Smith in front of a makeshift office, anxiously fidgeting with your fingers, a habit you've learned to adopt whenever you need to. It helps you clear bad thoughts from your already clouded mind. While you try to concentrate, you find yourself drifting off somewhere else, right into the world of your visions. Some of them have already come true, and others are just confusing you. The incident with Ile's notebook was the worst so far, the others are barely worth mentioning. Footsteps make you look up and when you see two figures, one smaller than the other, walking directly towards you, you stand up instantly and salute the men.

"Commander, Captain." You greet them, your body stiff and ready to follow their lead.
"Faye. At ease." Erwin smiles warmly and puts a hand on your shoulder, pointing to his office. The other, smaller man is Captain Levi, and you can't help but notice that he looks even more tired than the last time you saw him, which was about a year ago.
"Please, have a seat." The blonde offers, and you gladly accept, looking around with interest. The people in the inner districts must have a good life, considering how well furnished this small room is. Levi is more reserved than usual, simply keeping his arms crossed as he leans against the wall closest to the window, just behind Erwin's desk, and looks out at the farmers with disinterest.
"You look well, has the Trainee Corps treated you well, my dear?" The Commander asks, a charming smile on his attractive face. With that kind of charisma he could certainly influence his soldiers to the point of death, but you learned to be very careful with him, as he was with you.
"It was a challenge, but I managed." Short and simple, he'll be happy with that.
"Great. You're a smart young woman now. I'm sure you know why I asked you to attend Eren Yeager's trial." He's straight to the point, his smile slowly turning into a thin line.
"Yes, although I wonder how credible my testimony will be." You admit and meet the Captain's eyes, who quickly looks away, only letting out a soft sigh.
"Don't worry about it. I told Zackly about you and your talents months before the recent events. He's a bit sceptical, but he doesn't reject the idea that you're something special." You'd like throwing up, feeling the sickness overtake you.

"I'm not special." You spit a little hatefully and stare at him with a deep frown that would challenge Ymirs.
"But you are, don't you see?" You turn your attention to the Captain, frustrated by his words that seem to mock you. It would be strange to think that the great Captain Levi sees you as something special.
"No I can't Captain, why don't you enlighten me as to how I am special?" Your teasing encourages Erwin to roll his eyes as he leans back in his seat.
"Oh, I don't know, Cadet, maybe because you can fucking see death! What are you, a banshee?" He's angry at your myopic view of yourself, and clenches his hands into fists. You rise from your seat and glare at the Captain with hatred, trying to ignore the boiling rage in your gut.