𝑒𝑖𝑔𝒉𝑡 ⁿⁱᵍʰᵗᵐᵃʳᵉˢ

Armin Alert had the same suspicions about Annie Leonhardt as you did

Armin Alert had the same suspicions about Annie Leonhardt as you did. Erwin couldn't ignore that: two of his soldiers, one more intelligent than the other, were accusing one of their comrades. This, and the fact that he believes in your unusual talent, has made Erwin Smith, 13th Commander of the Survey Corps, decide to plan the Assault on Stohess. The other problem is the cadets of the 104th Division. If it turns out that Cadet Leonhardt is indeed the traitor, there is a good chance that at least two other cadets are as well. Which is why he sent them to wall Rose under the supervision of none other than Section Commander Mike Zacharias. Not just to watch them, but to watch you too. Erwin wouldn't say it out loud, but he thinks you're suspicious. While he doesn't think you're lying about your memory loss and visions, after what happened to you on the expedition it would be idiotic not to.

Sure, the signs point to you being from wall Maria, maybe Shiganshina, but what if those were other visions of yours? He has reasons to believe you're not from here, it's the way you talk about certain things, like the ocean. Not many have heard of it, it's an unspoken concept that few seem to know about. Like his own father. In the end, it was that knowledge that killed him. He overheard you talking about it once with the Arlert boy, and while the Cadet's eyes were bright with hope, yours were filled with knowledge. You knew it existed, you saw it, and you don't remember it. He has more reason to believe you are from outside the walls. He remembers it clearly, it was the first time the two of you spoke, and he felt a little strange about that particular phrase at the time. "What if I'm from outside your walls?" He had soldiers with memory loss, but none of them would go so far as to lose that kind of memory. Another thing that made even Mike question you was when you said "I think I left school when I was 14". If you really were from wall Maria, there was no way you could have stayed in school until you were 14. The maximum age is 12, only kids from Sina have the luxury of staying longer. And you can't be from Sina, because if you were, someone would have reported you missing. The only others who know his thoughts are Levi, Hange and Mike, which is why he placed you in one of their squads.
He knows that using Mike to bait you is technically considered unethical, but Erwin has the greater good in the picture and if that included exploiting you for humanity to gain freedom he wouldn't care. It's as simple as that. Plus, he feels better about the fact that Mike does have an affection for you and has taken a liking to your gentle nature. Gentle not in the way you talk, you certainly speak your mind when needed, but rather how you treat yourself and others. Or the way you took care of your gear and uniform. He's surprised that Levi hasn't noticed your love for perfection, perhaps his dislike for you has blinded his sharp senses, or so he likes to believe. Erwin looks from the window of the office to Levi, their eyes meeting in the middle. The Commander can't help but to wonder if Levi truly feels nothing but disdain for you, he has seen the way his Captain looked at you, full of longing and obsession.

"What is it?" Levi asks, his arms crossed defensively, and his eyebrows raised.
"Faye told me the outcome of today's events. We're going to capture the female titan." He finally says, revealing a piece of information he hasn't shared with anyone yet.
"So that's why you were so positive." Levi looks at him with a bit of mockery, his lips curled into a tight smile.
"I know you like to gamble, but taking such a big risk just because the girl you fancy has dreamed of it is ridiculous." Erwin winces at the harsh words and gives his comrade a hard look.
"I don't fancy her." Erwin explains in a gruff voice as he frowns at the accusation.
"But Mike does. Would you turn a blind eye if I took a cadet as a plaything for myself?" Levi asks provocatively, something in his eyes glimmering with a hint of jealousy. Erwin tries to keep his composure, smiling instead of frowning at the question.
"Why? Are you interested in someone in particular?" He asks, a dark glint in his blue eyes as he sees Levi look away, ashamed, even uncomfortable.
"Tch. Don't be ridiculous." He spits in disgust, as if it wasn't natural for a human to want the affection and love of another. The conversation ends there, leaving Levi deep in thought. "Is there someone out there?" he wonders as he leaves the office, groaning in pain as he takes another step.