𝑡𝑒𝑛 ᵇⁱᵗᵗᵉʳˢʷᵉᵉᵗ

You woke up in the middle of the night, confused at first by the bedroom you found yourself in. It took you a second to remember where you were, and it made you gasp at the thought. Soon you felt far too uncomfortable to stay in your Captain's bedroom and decided to leave. If you left in the morning, who knew who might see you and get the wrong idea. Before you could go to your room, you had to pass by the Captain's office and you remembered being surprised to see him slumped over his desk in his chair, passed out with fatigue. You felt bad and embarrassed that he had given up his bed for you, so you made a beeline for your own.

It's the only thing you can think of now, while you tidy up his new bedroom in the little farmhouse where you're hiding for more titan experiments with Eren. Yesterday he took you to his room, tended to your needs and made sure you got at least a little sleep. But the conversation that followed is what really makes your cheeks turn the color of cherries. It was almost a tease, a warning, and yet there was a challenge in his eyes. What would your friends think if they knew where the Captain had really taken you?
Captain Levi is currently attending the experiment with Eren, Section Commander Hange and the others to see if he can form a crystal similar to Annie's. He insisted that you would have to do his room, as of all his subordinates you seem to be the only one who can bring it up to standard, or at least close to it. "You make sure my room is clean when I get back. Fresh sheets and all." He said before he left for the experiment, looking at you with cold eyes. You felt a little unwelcome, maybe they think you are not in the right mental state to see a titan yet. After his comment, you are now on it. First you dusted every corner and shelf you could find. Then you swept the floors and deep cleaned them with a special soap that your Captain always carried with him.
These three simple steps took more than an hour, and in between you and Mikasa took care of Eren after an experiment went wrong. It seems that he didn't transform into his full titan form, but rather into a weaker and smaller version of it. While you waited for the floors to dry, you prepared Levi's new sheets and even went to the trouble of ironing them. All to avoid confrontation and gain his trust, you have learned from your past mistakes. Normally you would care less what this man thinks of you, but since Mike's death he has kept you company, strange as it may sound. He himself is still mourning the death of his old squad, maybe he wanted it as much as you did. The two of you didn't want to be alone and Erwin took the chance to pair you up; as a captain and an assistant. It annoyed you at first, but soon you felt relieved to have some sort of distraction, something to work with. And Captain Levi gave you plenty of tasks to work on.
You are so deep in thought that you don't even notice the Captain entering the room and looking around in surprise. "You really outdid yourself." At the words you quickly turn around, startled by his sudden appearance. Clenching your fist over your heart, you greet him stiffly, apologizing for not having finished your cleaning in time.
"At ease, Soldier. No need, we are not in uniform." You look at him with wide eyes, confused that he called you a soldier. It's not your rank yet, you're still just a cadet.
"That's right." He notices your confusion, fascinated by your quick thinking. It will certainly come in handy on future missions.
"Erwin has decided that you're worthy of a promotion. That and I can't have a cadet as my second in command, now, can I?" Levi rolls his eyes at your confused expression, while you stand there speechless with your lips parted, as if you wanted to say something but the words never left your lips.