25. Smoke and Mirrors

Night 10:30 PM,
Master Bedroom, JaiSingh Mansion

MJS: You can sleep on the bed Kaira.. I will sleep on the couch..

DKS: Don't you think your bed is big enough to fit 3 people?

MJS: But still if you are not comfortable..

DKS: (cutting Maya's words) We both will sleep on bed..
Declares Kaira to end the discussion.

MJS: (with a smile) Fine.. By the way, how did you correctly guess my allergy?

DKS: The same way you understood my uneasiness when I was asked to share room with....

MJS: So my guess wasn't wrong!

DKS: Nope. I am the exact person you think I am.. The same old Maddam Sir!.. and I'm sorry for the things you went through.. I wanted to meet you after that incident.. But you had already left India when I returned.. If you wish, I can investigate your case..

MJS: Let bygones be bygones Kaira..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Night 10:45 PM
Neysa & Barbie's Room, JaiSingh Mansion

N: What is this?
Asks Neysa, who was half lying on the bed, picking up a small microphone from her lap, which was thrown at her by Barbie.

BU: I thought it was enough if I consulted you with a psychiatrist.. Looks like I have to book an opthalmologist's appointment too for you..

N: I can see this is a spy microphone.. but why are you throwing this at me..?

BU: You are a forensic expert right? Find out who the hell on this earth dared to spy on the CEO of JaiSingh Real Estate..

N: Spying on you?

BU: Yes.. I found it sticking at the back of my collar..

N: (shooting up from the bed) What!? But how is it possible??

BU: That's what I'm wondering.. Who is this new master trying to puppeteer the puppeteers.. ??

N: I don't think we are the puppeteers anymore.. Someone else is playing with us..

BU: But no one knows the truth except us, Singh uncle, Ravi sir and Shivani..

N: Shivani!

BU: Tch! What's wrong with you Neysa?.. Why are you behind her..??

N: She took you to the guest room as soon as you came right?

BU: Yes.. But she did that to save me from Maddam Sir.. Had she not done it, I would have messed up the meeting.. Because of her, I got some time to calm myself down and revise the dialogues I was supposed to say.. You know how much she was worried about the meeting..?

N: So you are saying this mic walked to your collar by itself..

BU: No yaar.. I'm just trying to say it isn't Shivani.. My heart says she is loyal to us..

N: I don't trust my shadow first of all to trust this shrewd lawyer..

BU: I am done with your trust issues.. Do whatever you want...
Says Barbie before crashing into the bed.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Midnight 3:30 AM,
JaiSingh Mansion, Lucknow

"Shhhhh Don't Scream!! It's me"
Whispered a person in Shivani's ears after pouncing on her to shut her mouth with their palm as the latter was about to scream her lungs out freaking at a silhouette which had just landed in her balcony from nowhere while she was busy studying a case file on a wooden table placed next to the balcony, under a desk lamp.