32. Past lives

Afternoon 2:10 PM,
Living Room, JaiSingh Mansion

MJS: Shall we leave?
Maya asks Haseena rising to her feet from the couch, grabbing her shooting vest.

HM: (wearing a mask and a cap) Sure..

MJS: Great..

HM: Neysa isn't joining us?

MJS: Nope.. She left just now with Barbie, telling they have some important work..

HM: No problem.. But when did Barbie come here?

MJS: Uh.. What does that mean..?? She came 3 days ago right? You forgot?

Asks Maya confusedly but before Haseena could reply,

SS: Mayadi.. Karishma madam, Cheeta and I can't join you guys for skeet shooting.. DSP sir has called us for a meeting..

MJS: No issues Santu.. You can join us after your meeting if you wish..

SS: We will try Mayadi.. (looking at HM) You look great in this outfit Maddam Sir.. Can't make out it's you, actually..
Says Santu while Haseena had her eyes fixed on Santu.

HM: Uhm.. Thanks.. But why are you calling me Maddam Sir?..

SS: What else should I call you Maddam Sir? Moreover, I have gotten used to calling you like that..

MJS: Haseena!!.. Are you alright?
Asks Maya in a worried tone, supporting Haseena, who had lost her balance a bit while holding her head.

HM: Yes Mayaji.. I'm alright.

MJS: I think it's better if we don't go to the skeet shooting today.. You seem tired, and I can't take any risk..

HM: I just felt a bit dizzy.. I will be alright if I drink some juice or energy drink.. Don't worry Mayaji..

SS: Maddam Sir.. You rest for a few minutes.. I will get you some sugarcane juice..

Haseena sitting on the couch,
HM: Thank you Santu..
Says removing the mask and the cap.

.
.
After 5 minutes,
SS: How are you feeling now Maddam Sir..?

HM: (with a smile) Much better Santu.. By the way, why didn't you get ready yet? Are you not joining us for skeet shooting?

SS: No Maddam Sir.. I just told you right that I am going to headquarters with Karishma madam and Cheeta for a meeting with DSP sir.. you forgot?

HM: You did? (getting a nod from SS) Sorry Santu.. I forgot.. (looking at MJS) Mayaji shall we leave?

Shaking her head in disbelief, Maya,
MJS: Santu.. Can you just ask the driver to get the car to the entrance of the mansion..

SS: Sure Mayaji..

.
.
.

Afternoon 2:50 PM,
Lucknow United Shooting Ranges
MJS: Mr. Vasishta.. It's okay if we practise here right?
Asks Maya, glancing at the beautifully decorated and well-organised drinks tables, at the centre of the gigantic shooting field, teeming with hundreds of branded alcoholic beverages.

V: Absolutely madam.. The party is gonna start at 10 PM tonight.. So no problem if you play till sunset.. Actually we had mailed all our permanent members regarding the party we have arranged for them tonight..
Says the manager of the skeet shooting club with a polite smile on his face.