48. The Face-off

One fine day,

Kaira, actively engaged in the mission to apprehend the enigmatic Dark Rose aka The Queen of Dark, receives a tip regarding a significant weapons deal scheduled to occur beneath an abandoned bridge on the outskirts of Lucknow. This clandestine exchange is set to take place between a foreign illegal weapons and explosives manufacturer and the notorious Queen of Dark. Uncertain about the information's credibility, Kaira hesitates to share these details with her mission partner, the Architect intern. Ultimately, she decides to venture to the location alone, fully armed and resolute in capturing the Dark Rose, whether it be alive or lifeless. However, her loyal teammates, Barbie and Divaakar, insist on accompanying her, with Riya guiding them from the MPT's cyber room. And Kaira had to agree as she was working unofficially on this case and had no rights to impose her authority on her juniors or to obtain official departmental support. To add to the challenge, they only received this critical information an hour before the scheduled meeting. Nevertheless, there's a history of no obstacle being insurmountable for Kaira when she sets her sights on a goal.

RR: Yes, Maddam Sir, I'm retrieving the live footage from the location. I don't see anyone gathered there at the moment, just a few bats swarming around the underpass.

Riya reports, her eyes fixed on her desktop screen, which displays real-time footage of what appears to be a hotspot for illegal activities. Kaira and her team had strategically placed the cameras as soon as they arrived at the location, allowing them to monitor the situation and devise a well-thought-out plan to ensnare their target.

DKS: We can't spot anyone here either, Riya. Let's exercise patience. Barbie, Pandayji, remain in your positions, and only emerge from your concealment upon my signal. Clear?

Whispers Kaira through her earpiece, concealed behind some bushes a few meters away from the abandoned bridge.

BU/DP: Yes, Maddam Sir..

RR: Maddam Sir, three black SUVs just came to a stop on the bridge.

DKS: Hmm...

RR: I can see 4+4 well-built men exiting the first and third SUV. The drivers are still inside. They've all masked their faces and are wearing sunglasses. None of them are visibly carrying firearms, but it's likely they have concealed pistols. It's challenging to get a clear view on the screen since they're all dressed in black, and it's pretty dark out there.

DKS: Hmm...

RR: Darn it! They're spreading out and covering the whole area. Pandeyji, one of them is approaching your hiding spot. You might want to change your position.

Divaakar quickly shifts to the other side of the bridge, taking cover behind a tree.

RR: Maddam Sir, a tall, burly man has just emerged from the second SUV's driver's seat. He's now opening the rear door. Wait, is that a woman? Oh my goodness, there are two ladies.. F*ck.. Why does everyone have to wear black? It's getting difficult to keep tabs on them.

Riya vents her frustration, while Kaira cautiously surveys the surroundings, which have become increasingly crowded.

BU: (whispering) Maddam Sir, a blue car has just parked a few meters from my hiding spot. I believe the Russian dealers have arrived. There are only three people, including the driver, in that sedan. (pauses) Maddam Sir, they're heading towards the underpass. Should I tail them?

DSP: No, Barbie. Just hold your position. We're about to strike soon!

.
.
.
.
.

It had been about 10 minutes since the two parties confronted each other. The meeting between the Russian arms dealers and the Queen was in full swing. The Queen of Dark herself was specifying her weapon requirements, while the foreign dealers were discussing the terms and conditions of their business to fulfill her consignment on time. The MPT team vigilantly observed these illicit activities unfolding right before their eyes.