64. Fates

MJS: HASUUU!

Maya's scream is drowned out by the roar of the river as she lunges towards the edge, but Kaira holds her back from jumping into the ferocious river.

DKS: Mayaji it could be dangerous!

Tears streaming down her face, Maya struggles to break free from Kaira's hold as she watches the murky waters of the river turn red.

DKS: KARISHMA!!!!!

Kaira's cry echoes as she watches Karishma dive into the river.

Mansi rises to her feet, clutching her neck to stop the bleeding from the thin slit.

Mansi: The police are coming this way...
Mansi's voice trembles as she watches the boats on the distant horizon rowing towards them.

The trio looks down at the red-shaded area in the river where Karishma jumped. Soon enough, Kaira notices something approaching their boat.

DKS: What's over there!?
Kaira asks, narrowing her eyes, trying to see the thing lurking beneath the dark waters.

MJS: A crocodile!?
Maya whispers in shock, her voice barely audible over the sounds of the rushing river.

DKS: KARISHMA... GET ON THE BOAT NOW!!!
Kaira yells, scanning the river for any sign of Karishma.

MJS: KAIRA, LET ME GO! I HAVE TO SAVE THEM!
Maya screams, seeing the crocodile approaching their ferry. She tries to break free from Kaira's grip, but Kaira holds her tight.

DKS: Mayaji, I can't lose you. Let's wait a moment. If they don't come, I'll go.

As numerous crocodiles begin to emerge in their visible range, attracted by the scent of fresh blood, Maya gathers all her strength, pushes Kaira away, and climbs the edge of the ferry. Just as she is about to dive, she sees Karishma swimming towards the boat alone, with the water turning red behind her as the crocodiles fight for the prey.

Kaira sprints to the edge and pulls Maya roughly back into the ferry before helping Karishma out of the water to safety.

Karishma lays flat on the deck, shivering, coughing, and gasping for air, tears streaming down her face as she watches the full moon in the sky.

Mansi: Di... Krishu di's leg is bleeding...

Mansi's voice trembles as she points to the trail of blood on the boat, ending at Karishma's feet. Kaira swiftly crouches next to Karishma, rolling up her jeans to reveal a deep bite mark on her calf. Gasping, Kaira instructs Mansi to fetch a cloth to stop the heavy bleeding.

Karishma gestures for Maya to come closer, and Maya, her face etched with worry, sits beside her.

Karishma gently taking Maya's hand in hers,
KS: I'm sorry... I couldn't save Maddam Sir...

Maya gently withdraws her hand and slowly makes her way to the edge of the ferry. Horror fills her as she watches the water turn blood-red, carrying away Haseena's blood-soaked clothes and boots out to the sea. Overwhelmed, Maya's world darkens as she collapses to the deck.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Next day,
Lifeline Hospital, Gangasagar, West Bengal

"So, Karishma Singh, why did you jump into the river, risking your own life?"

SP Ajay Bhakshi, the investigating officer of the case, surrounded by a group of officers, asks Karishma, who was lying on the hospital bed with her leg wrapped in a thick bandage post-surgery. Karishma taking a long, deep breath,