6. I Cant Wait

CAITLIN'S CHAPTER

I felt faint, I honestly felt as if I was going to collapse again. Barry didn't say anything he just stood and stared at the test and looked up at me in shock.

He's going to be a father, hell in going to be a mother. this didn't feel real, I wish I could just wake up from this dream now, but that isn't happening.
"What do we do, how can we tell everyone" I asked him not knowing what else to say.

"I don't think that we should be worrying about that, we need to figure out where we're going to raise it, where we're going to live until... you know" Barry said scratching the back of his neck.
I knew we could live in my apartment, but I know I would feel awkward saying it.

"Well we could stay here, well I mean I have a spare room and everything, I guess we could change that into the babys room" I told him.
Barry gave a fast nod, "yeah, yeah after all your place is really nice"

Normally we would smile at each other, but not in this situation, it was too awkward. "You know Barry I don't mind having this baby."
Barry looked at her confused.

"I mean, I love you I think this might be good for us" I told him.
"I love you too, and I think you're right, this is our baby and we're going to raise it together.

I thought this would be really awkward, but actually it was really good knowing that Barry loved me so much not to care for all the tough decisions that come with this. I felt loved, loved even more than I felt with Ronnie, which I don't say every day.

Barry kissed me on the head and hugged me and said everything is going to be okay.

We were both stuck in the moment of thinking what do we do next. and Barry said "so when should we start buying all the stuff for the baby's room."

"Barry we don't need to do that for around 6 months" I told him raising one of my eyebrows.
"Ow" he said sounding really disappointed.

"Well if you really want to we can make a start" I said giving him his own way because I felt bad.
He flashed out of the room without saying anything. I had no idea where he went I was about to look outside when I thought about the spare room. I walked in and saw Barry standing in the middle of it, completely emptied out.

Barry saw me walk in and started saying "So I was thinking of putting the crib in this corner and have a mobile hanging down from there, and have beautifies on the walls if it's a girl and racing cars if it's a boy and..."

I thought it was so adorable how Barry was wanting this to happen so badly, just the smile on his face as he was darting around the room showing me where to put what. "Barry, Barry calm down there is still 9 months left before the baby comes" I told him.

"Yeah I know but I'm just so excited, I can't believe I'm going to be a father, and get to share that with the best woman in the world." He said smiling brighter than the sun.

I felt so flattered by the way Barry is reacting to this is better than I could of imagined. I'm so glad that Barry will be there every step of the way for me. Barry is by far the best thing that ever happened to me, we had always stood by each other.

"Wait Barry, how are we going to tell everyone" I said being a massive buzzkill. "easy, we tell them" he said sarcastically.

I crossed my arms so he knew I didn't find it funny. "okay, okay I will send a message out to everyone telling them that tonight at 7pm to all meet at jitters" he said while typing on his phone.

"Okay, but could you please tell them for me, I know you want to anyway" I said with a smile on my face.
"Anything for you Cait."