chapter seven

It's safe to say I never thought I'd be here

Stood opposite Sage as she holds a ping-pong ball in her hand, her tongue sticking out slightly as if that'll help her aim.

"Just, aim for a cup this time," her friend Sabrina says. She's got a hand on Sage's shoulder to offer support. We've been playing for the past fifteen minutes, and every one of Sage's shots, she's missed. She and Sabrina are on one team, and Caleb and I are on the other. I've noticed that Winter is watching for the patio, cheering for whenever one of her friends scores. Though so far, only Rina and Caleb have scored.

Caleb's dare was taking a shot while also doing a handstand, and Sabrina's dare was to strip off a piece of clothing. Thankfully for her, she chose her jacket, though in the August night air, it's still warm enough for her to not need it.

"You got this, Gomez," Caleb says with a clap of support. Finally, Sage throws the orange ball and it lands directly in the cup in-front of me. As soon as the ping-pong ball hits the alcohol, she lets out a small laugh of joy, and for a second I'm swept up in that sound alone. "Your dare, Crist," Caleb hums beside me.

Lifting the red solo cup, I remove the ball before downing the hard liquor. I hiss when I finish the drink before reading aloud what the dare says underneath the cup. "I dare you to take another shot, and then reveal if there's anyone you're crushing on," I read out before laughing slightly. Angling the cup in my teammates direction, I say, "what are we? fifteen?"

I'm not complaining necessarily, it's not like I wanted anything crazy, but revealing if I have a, 'crush.' It didn't scream nineteen years old at a college frat party.

"I didn't write the dares, dude," Caleb said with a laugh at how pathetic the dare was. I glanced up to see Sage still celebrating her win. Her and Sabrina were talking to each other with wide smiles before waving to Winter. Sage was beautiful when she smiled, her whole face lit up, if it were up to me, she would always be smiling. "Drink up," my teammate said besides me, and that's exactly what I did.

The shot stung but the way Sage was watching me dulled the taste.

"Well done, Crist," I felt Caleb pat my back before placing the glass bottle filled with vodka back underneath the table and out of the way. "Anyone your crushing on?" The blonde beauty asked besides Sage, her blue eyes finding mine. Am I crushing on anyone? I've never crushed on anyone before, I barely ever like anyone.

It's very rare for myself to find someone I like, and then there's Sage. I saw her, spoke to her, and immediately knew that I liked her, and I haven't had that in a while. I liked Sage, I barely ever knew her but I wanted to, I wanted to know everything about her. I found her gaze and once again she smiled at me and if it were anyone else I know they would have instantly melted for her.

"Maybe," I admitted, though I wouldn't admit it was her I was crushing on. I didn't want to push it, nor did I want her to feel pressured into looking at me differently.

"Maybe," Caleb repeated, "that's a good enough of an answer," he commented before handing me the ping pong. If I were to get it in any cup, that would mean Sage would drink before having to do whatever dare was allocated. "Good luck," he hummed before taking a step back. I looked over the table to the other end to see Sage, she threw me a wink before placing her hands behind her back.

I managed to score twice already, I can make it third.

Quickly, I threw the ping-pong, the four of us silent as we awaited fate. In a blink, the orange ball landed in the far left cup. "You got to drink, Sage," Sabrina teased, you got to drink is what I thought, she didn't have too. Sage could choose to skip the drink and go straight to the dare but like the great player she is, she lifted the cup, tipping it into my direction before finishing the shot in one.  

I offered her a silent nod as she lifted a brow before turning the cup. She didn't speak at first but I know she read whatever the dare said. Her eyes travelled back and forth, whatever it said she didn't want to do, that was clear. I watched as her friend leaned in to also read the dare, "oh my God," Sabrina said in a laughing fit, though Sage didn't find it funny.

"You don't have to do it," I heard myself say aloud, I didn't want her to do anything she didn't want to, "What is it, Gomez?" Caleb asked, he placed his hands on the table as he leaned forward. He too was intrigued. Sage didn't speak as Sabrina continued laughing quietly next to her.

"I dare you to give someone on the opposite team a lap dance for a minute," she read out, both Caleb and I were silent. "What are we? Fifteen?" He taunted quietly besides me by using my previous words. It was a friendly tease, though I knew what was about to happen. I was going to have to watch the girl I like give a lap dance to one of my closest friends.

"Who's it going to be?" I heard Sabrina ask, she tried to say it under her breath but I know we all heard. "I, uhm..." She trailed off, it was obvious she didn't want to do it, though I couldn't see why she didn't just say that. Her cheeks redden as she thought of her answer. Quickly, almost like it didn't happen, I saw Sabrina shoot a glance at Hayden, she winked at him before directing her attention back to Sage.

I didn't understand their relationship. Before tonight, I thought Sage might have been with Caleb.

"You can pass it," he said aloud, her gaze met his before she shook her head. "I've never quit before," she replied with more confidence this time. "Theo?" She said my name and my heart stopped as I gave her my full attention, "yes?" She nodded slightly, and we all knew what that meant. It was safe to say that if I died tonight, I would die happy.

Before I could make my way towards her I heard Caleb say, "hands to yourself, Crist." I nodded, I wasn't planning on it, I know how to keep my hands to myself.

" I nodded, I wasn't planning on it, I know how to keep my hands to myself

"Our lives would never be the same."

Long Live, (Taylor's Version)
Don't get me started on how she cut that performance out of the movie, I was heartbroken but moving on, it slayed...
(Update from future me, she's made up for that)

God I adore Theo and Sage already, they are just so pure. And next chapter, oh my life, you'll enjoy it— I promise you. I am also enjoying the little sneak peeks of Caleb and Sabrina, but the question is, will they end up together? Or will they find another...

But for now, I do hope you've enjoyed the chapter, I know I have. Plus the little friendships blossoming and forming, I love to see it. They'll all slay, I promise you. Also, if you post anything to do with the series, (new or old) please do tag me, I love to see them and to be honest, I freak out when I do.

"Promise me this, that you'll stand by me forever."
"If you have children someday, and they point to the pictures— please tell them my name."

Long Live will forever be one of her best ones.

***

We are forever and always,

multiverseeditsx.