chapter ten

He said yes

He said yes.

Theo wants to meet for coffee tomorrow.

All through my English Lit class, all I can think is, Theo is meeting me for coffee tomorrow.

Last night, after beer pong, we decided to call it a night. As we were leaving, Rina elbowed my ribs and told me to ask for his number. I wasn't planning on using it so soon but both Rina and Winter encouraged me to ask him out. Winter said and I quote, "what's the worse that could happen?"

Well, the worse possible outcome could have been Theo saying no.

I know from just watching him last night at that party that he wasn't a fan of people. That he was out of him comfort zone. When Caleb would place a hand on his shoulder, or tap his back, Theo would react slightly, almost as if he didn't know he was doing it himself, but I saw.

After class, I found Winter waiting outside the door for me. Her smile appearing when she spots me. Once again, dressed in all black with the exception of a purple crop top, she walked towards me. Though Winter never walks anywhere, she struts. Our aunt Olivia used to tease and say that she had a model walk.

"You're five minutes early," Winter says after checking her watch. "Yeah, he had a meeting," I tell her as we make our way out of the hallway. On our way out we pass the newspaper room and I can't help but glance towards it. I notice how Theo isn't in there, but I don't say anything to Winter.

"So," Winter hums as we make our way outside of the building. The warm August air hitting us, though soon it'll be September. "Did Theo say yes?" She asks, I laugh because it took her five minutes to ask what she really wanted too. "He did," I admitted as I spot students lying and having picnics on the fields in-between the main on-campus library.

Winter stopped walking for a second, and then suddenly she begins clapping before bouncing back next to me. She grips my shoulders, squeezing in excitement. "I told you he would say yes," I nod as we continue our walk, her arm wraps around my shoulders, bringing my body back into hers. "Once again you are never wrong," I tease.

It's become a running joke in our group that Winter Bliss is always right, she says it's because she takes after her father, though her mom always said it's because she's her daughter that she's always right.

"Remember that," she taunted, "what's the plan then?"

"Coffee," I simply replied, coffee felt safe. It was on natural ground. "Coffee," Winter repeated while using the same bored, tone of voice I previously had. "Oh, come on, Sage, coffee?" She questioned, her eyebrows furrowing together in confusion. "Out of all things you could be doing with a guy like that, you're choosing coffee?" She teased with a smile.

"Yeah," I mumbled, 'a guy like that.'  I shook my head, I wouldn't over think it. Coffee was simple, it was easy. What could possibly go wrong with having coffee? If getting coffee was too pathetic for him, he would have said no. I get he's attractive, and way hotter than myself, but if he wasn't interested he would have said no, point blank.

Winter glanced back over at me and she must have recognised a change in my attitude. "I'm sorry," she says quickly, "you know I didn't mean it like that."

"I know," I uttered, my gaze travelling anywhere but her face. The birds were singing as we walked through the college park. We passed some of the football team, but no Caleb. I always wondered where he disappeared too when he wasn't with them. His whole life is the football team, he's the captain for a reason.

"Theo would be lucky to have you," I paused at her words. My feet kept moving as she wound her arm in-between mine so we walked arm in arm. "I don't know what I want with him though," I admit aloud instead of just going back and forth in my head. "All I know is that he intrigues me," I shrugged at how confusing my words were.

"And you probably intrigue him," Winter rephrases, I smiled at her comfort. I know sometimes she struggles to comfort others. Winters known as being stone-cold, all throughout high-school, she was known as the ice queen. No one got close to her, even now she keeps her distance.

"He's different than others," I point out, he's different to Caleb. That was an obvious, the first time I met Theo it was clear he was unlike everything Caleb is. I adore Caleb with my entire heart, but he's nothing like Theo. Whereas Calebs out going and loves socialising with others, Theo gives off the impression that he likes to keep himself to himself.

That was clear when we were at the party last night. He would have never came up to me, whether that's because that's just who he is, or if it was because it was me. Either way, he's refreshing. Plus, I know he doesn't know who I am, but more importantly who my parents are. Being at WSU alone, I attract attention with being the daughter to Eleonora Gomez and Roma Carter.

My father being a football god, along with being a somewhat of a reality star. Similar to my mother, nineteen years ago they began the filming for their reality show, 'The Eight Of Us.' That focused on them, along with their friends, my uncles and aunties, despite their being no blood relation, they are my family.

"I think you might have a crush," Winter teases as I open the doors to the library. Before we take a seat, I whisper under my breath, "yeah, I think I do."

"I like shiny things, but I'd marry you with paper rings

"I like shiny things, but I'd marry you with paper rings."
Paper Rings

Ugh, I adore them— I know, I've repeated this a lot but oh my life. I am literally so excited for them, are we enjoying the beginning of the slowburn? Ugh, I cannot wait for their friendship. And her with Winter, so cute.

Bless, we're all been there, Sage has a crush... Don't we all? Life without a crush is peaceful, but boring, IKYK.

I do hope you've enjoyed this chapter, I know I have writing it, I loved every moment, if I do say so myself. Their scenes will just get better, I promise. Now please do vote and comment on the chapter— it really helps me out, and it lets me know you enjoyed it.

"You'll be alright."
Safe and Sound, (Taylor's Version),

***

Love you always,

abi.