chapter eight

Beer Pong has never been more terrifying than it is now

Theo's staring at me with his brown eyes, full of trust. It's crazy, considering I've only known him for two days, but I trust him. When his eyes find mine, I feel at ease slightly. And when I saw what the dare was... I could have died.

Of course, that is what I got.

The other three had easy ones, Caleb only had to do a handstand while taking a shot, even Theo only had to confess if he had a crush or not. But me, no I had to have, 'give someone a lap dance.' And not just anyone but someone on the opposite team, and it's just my luck that I could have chosen either Caleb Jones, my oldest and dearest best friend. Or, Theo Crist, someone who makes my heart stop.

"You don't have to do it if you don't want to," Rina repeated for the fourth time. I knew I didn't have to do it, I was well aware of that. If it were any other night I may have declined it, but Theo's here. And I don't want to end the game just yet, I like spending time with him. "It's just a minute," I told her, that was all it was. Sixty seconds of basically grinding on top of him.

It would be fine.

It'll be just fine, I just need to keep a clear head. It was that simple.

"You can do this," Rina said filled with confidence, "remember when I had to do something similar last year," I laughed at the memory. Similar to now, last August Rina took me to my first ever college party, she argued that it was good for me to get out and have fun. She also believed it would have done more good than bad as that would be my life after starting college.

She wasn't wrong, I've been at WSU just over a week and have already attended two parties.

"I was shit, and there were far more people watching," she explained and then it clicked. "Other people are going to be watching," I said more to myself than her. People are going to watch me attempt my first time giving a lap dance, and not just that but to a guy I like too.

Before I could over think it too much, I spotted Caleb walking out of the house holding a speaker, and a folded chair under his other arm. "Ready, Gomez?" He shouted out, all eyes going from him to me. If my cheeks were red now, they were crimson. "I'll do it for you, seriously," Rina swore beside me, her hand tightening around my upper arm just slightly.

"No," I shook my head as I watched Caleb unfold the chair and place it on the freshly cut lawn, thankfully, he placed the chair facing the house. "I can do this, it'll be fine," I said though I was barely paying much attention. My eyes focused on the way Theo took his seat. He spread his legs slightly, his dark jeans stretching over his thighs. I would be fine...

I was stunned for a moment as he shrugged off his jacket revealing a white tank underneath it. His arms now on display, his biceps weren't massive but oh my life. My eyes instantly found his tattoos, multiple of them. Scattered across his skin, he looked effortlessly attractive, he didn't even have to do anything, just sitting there he looked good.

Too good.

"One minute, Gomez," Caleb told me as he placed the speaker onto the beer pong table. Connecting his phone, he started searching for a song. Rina left my side to join Caleb, and as I passed them to reach Theo I heard her whisper to him, "nothing too sexual, Jones."

As I reached Theo, I stood in-front of him. I wasn't touching him, I wasn't ready. His legs widened only slightly, though I'm pretty sure he didn't even realise he did it. His gaze found mine and once again they were filled with trust. Slowly, he stretched his hand out and I gripped it in mine. "You're okay," he told me softly and I wanted to believe it.

Two seconds later, music filled the air, I didn't recognise it either.

"Have you done this before?" Theo asked bringing my focus back to him, I shook my head though it was obvious that I hadn't done this before. I looked so out of place. "Come here," he uttered in a gentler tone. I didn't think, I just listened. With my hand in his, I allowed him to pull my body on top of his.

My legs sat on either side of his, I felt his free arm wrap around my lower body. The music still played and no one spoke. I didn't know if they were watching as my back was to theirs. I wonder if Caleb did that on purpose or not. "You're okay," Theo whispered once again, the hand that held mine let go before reaching up to cup my cheek.

"Truth be told, I've never done this before either," he admitted and suddenly a weight was lifted off of me. I brightened up slightly knowing that this was also his first. "Just move to the music, the beat of it," he told me and without thinking about it too much, that's exactly what I did. Moving my lower hips slightly, I somewhat grinded to the music.

I tried my hardest not to grind against him as I lifted my hips. I must have done a decent job at it as a few cheers were sounded out behind me. I looked down at Theo and he offered me a smile, he didn't look anywhere but my eyes. His hand that was on my lower back didn't move, not an inch. The hand that cupped my cheek remained and it burned my skin in the best way possible.

And I loved every moment of it. I wrapped both of my arms around his neck as I continued my slow dance. My eyes closed, the music cut off after a minute but I didn't release my hold on him. I lowered my body back to his, we didn't mention it but I knew this affected him, that was obvious I felt a pressure underneath me.

"Was I okay?" I whispered, my eyes still closed as I reeled in his closeness. I heard him release a small chuckle before replying, "yeah, Sage, you did good." The hand on my back rubbed up and down, offering me a piece of peace.

Leaning forward, I placed my head in the crook of his neck, smiling to myself.

I did good.

"Is there a line that we could just go cross?"

Evermore ft. Bon Iver
A criminally underrated song of hers

So, what is everyone's thoughts? I do hope they are all positive.

Theo, my baby, ugh, they are so pure. "Yeah, Sage, you did good." Oh my life, I am crumbling.

I do hope you've enjoyed this chapter, I know I have writing it, I loved every moment, if I do say so myself. Their scenes will just get better, I promise. Now please do vote and comment on the chapter— it really helps me out, and it lets me know you enjoyed it.

"I thought of you."

Evermore,
Her most criminally underrated album.

***

Love you always,

abi.