Lost and Found: Chapter 11

A/N: The next few chapters are going to be a doozy! Also big shoutout to HadesLegacy for checking this chapter for errors, fingers crossed, hoping to not screw something up (dunno how to link profiles)

I'll be releasing a chapter per week now due to personal reasons, so yeah lo

-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-

Why did I go here again? Those six words bounced around in my head before stopping. I take a good look at the students, frightened this might be their end.

N gives them a glare, and then enthusiastically announces, "We got so many distracting activities planned, so no sneaking off to investigate stuff! To the bunks!" Uzi waves at N, and then leaves off to wherever she thinks she can find Doll.

N starts walking off towards the cabins, but no one follows him. I shout at the campers, threatened by my gun, "YOU HEARD HIM! LET'S GO OR YOU'RE GOING TO MEET THAT OTHER UNLUCKY FELLOW IN THE AFTERLIFE!"

That seems to do the trick, and all the WDs start to run and catch up to us.

One of them, a female, looks at N, and then makes the bold statement, "You can be our friend, little guy!"

"I wouldn't think he's little," Thad says.

"Agreed," I add.

Another one, pokes V in the faceplate and then says, "Poor things defective?" Why are WDs so touchy? V swats his hand away and then adds, "No, just full of love," She makes her tale like thing into a heart. "This one's a pilot," pointing towards N.

The girl was in awe over N. I rolled my eyes. The walk to the cabins was uneventful. There were tall evergreen trees, which is weird because there is like no oxygen and liquid water for them to live off of. Speaking of liquid water, I'm thirsty.

That should be easy, considering that there is a frozen lake where I could heat up chunks of ice to get some water. The cabins are made of wood, which is surprising that they have not deteriorated yet. I choose the smallest cabin, so I get to be in there alone, since then I wouldn't have to worry about the touchy drones. Who knows what they will do?

Them drones tend to get quirky at night...

Dammit, why did that quote just go through my head?! There is a single bunk bed, and a table. Probably for the people that ran this place back when it was operational. I set down my backpack, being careful not to disconnect the O2 canister connected to my mask. I also put the MP5 down on the table, and that's when I see it.

A MILF hat. No, it says, Man... I Love Fishing! Bruh, really.

I pick it up, and decide it's not wear-worthy.

"Hey Ivan! What's that?" N stares at me and asks me about the hat.

"Erm... Just a hat!" I said, turning towards him and tossing it aside. "Nothing to be worried about!"

"Okay, if you say so!" N then adds, "Mind if I share this cabin with you? The other WDs are a little touchy,"

"My thoughts exactly, sir," I said. "No, I don't mind."

"I'm going to rest a bit before we start the activities and stuff." N sits down on the bottom bunk before going on sleep mode.

Why do drones need to rest anyways? Probably for their processors to sort and delete stuff from the day they just had, but I don't know. Speaking of weird robot functions, I saw a WD the other day drinking some water. Don't know why, but it's most likely for the older WD models with water cooling systems.

I sit down on the chair next to the desk, bored. I need to switch out the O2 canister anyways. I carefully unscrew it off of the rubber tube connected to my mask, taking great care not to break the damaged and weary rubber. Once it's off, I take another canister out of my backpack and attach it to the hose, tightening the hose clamp. Done.