Lost and Found: Chapter 12

A/N: *crawls out of ventilation shaft* The number of views I got per day kind of climaxed on chapter 10 but then instantly died out a couple days later. What was in chapter 10 that made it that popular? Fine, I'll go back to working on the next chapter for you guys to chug down.

-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-

—--Ivan's POV—--

"But, her warranty wasn't expired... IT NEVER EXISTEEEEED!" One of the worker drones named Samol, or Sam for short, stretched the last word to make his story spookier, which kind of worked on the others.

"Seriously though, I bet my washing machine warranty lasted longer than your life will last," I casually say, tossing a couple of canned berries in my mouth. I slid the mask back on, as I had just finished the canned food. I asked him, "How is that even scary?"

He thinks for a moment, before explaining, "It's scary, 'cause it's like-"

Another camper cuts him off, concerned about Darren and Rebecca.

"Aren't you guys worried about Darren and Rebecca?" she manages, shuddering at the very possibility of them dying.

"-Real,"Sam continues, despite the other camper interrupting him.

She continues, "Shouldn't they be back from their... immoral make out session by n-" She screams as she notices that an arm grabbed her ankle. I recoil in shock, as REBECCA comes into view. Just her front half though. Her bottom half is nowhere to be seen, with a trail of oil following her. I wince at the sight, and grab the trigger on my gun tightly.

Just in case whoever did this to Rebecca followed her to us. Rebecca coughs, which drains more of what little energy she has left.

"Rebecca!?" one of the other campers exclaimed at the sight of their classmate in such a condition.

"Who did this to you!?" Lizzy asked, still shocked.

"Doesn't look like you are in very good shape," I noted.

Rebecca coughs some more, draining more valuable energy, before managing to say, "Don't... remember name..." She coughs mid-sentence, and then continues, "Super unpopular...". Damn, what happened to her?

It's like the WDs were robot cookies and took a bite out of the bottom half. I would probably have thrown up if the oil was swapped with blood. Hey, at least it isn't my bodily fluids. (no pls dont make dirty minded jokes)

Sam begged out of desperation, "Descriptive clues, man!"

I mumble, "He's right..."

"Purple... eyes... Hot Topic..." Rebecca manages, before completely powering off, and dying of oil loss and destruction of vital systems.

"Uh..." one of the other campers displayed hollowed eyelights on his faceplate.

Lizzy digs through her memory bank, shown on her faceplate, before stumbling upon a blurred file, and trails off, "I feel like I remember someone like that..."

"From our class?" Sam asks for confirmation.

The campfire, which had provided me with warmth, suddenly extinguished, with a cackle erupting from the treetops. I regain my grip on the gun, and turn on the aiming laser.

I sweep the treetops, before landing on an awfully familiar purple-haired drone. Oh no. I just realized that that drone with fleshy wings and tail was Uzi.

What happened to her? I asked myself, as my aiming laser steadied and fell right across Uzi's CPU. It was a thing I didn't want to do, but something necessary if she decided to go full killing mode on me.