Chapter 1

Arnav is known to be a grumpy man with a difficult past who always prefers being alone

Arnav is known to be a grumpy man with a difficult past who always prefers being alone. Ever since he lost his wife of 2 years, Sheetal to a car accident. A drunk trunk driver had hit her car and her car was literally squished in the effect. Despite the modernity of seat belts and air bags being deployed at the time of the accident, the damage was done leaving severe impact. Arnav was working at the hospital at the time. He spent countless nights post her death wondering if things would have been different had he been in the car with her. Had they not fought that afternoon of the accident over their unborn child, would things been different? It was honestly a silly fight where Arnav wanted Sheetal to take some day and rest up since her iron levels had gone down and she bleeded a little, which alarmed the whole family. Sheetal in her hormonal state,  felt that his overprotectiveness was too much and left for her home, without even informing Arnav, who was busy doing an operation at the hospital.

Had they not fought that day, Sheetal wouldn't have gone to her parent's house and the truck driver wouldn't have hit the car. She would have been alive with their daughter or son who would have been 2 years old at this point.

Everyone at home, including his mom and sister, are wishing rather hoping that Arnav moves on and finds someone else. But Arnav is clinging on to his past. To the love of his wife, Sheetal. They met during university and they have been together ever since. How was he supposed to forget 10 years of togetherness?

It was Arnav's niece, Tara's parent's day at her playschool (as it is the first day and parents & kids introduce themselves in front of the class) and both my sister and my jiju (brother-in-law) were busy and they put to me up to it. My sister, Anjali is the CEO of AR industries, inherited by our dad which was passed down from our grandfather. My jiju, Shyam is a company lawyer. And that's how these two met and the rest was history. Together, they have the cutest little pumpkin, Tara who would be turning three in two weeks.

At thirty three years old, life has become a routine for Arnav and the only thing that brings him joy is his princess, Tara

In playschool, parents and their kid would come in front of classroom and introduce themselves. And when it was Arnav's turn to do so, there was someone at the door with their son.