Chapter 2

A/N
I know that I am behind on responding to your comments. I don't know why but Wattpad keeps glitching up on me whenever I try to read one of comments. Will respond soon. Pakka.

306 views in just three days.
You all are the best readers I can ever ask for. ❤️

And as always, the photo used are not mine. I found them on Pinterest. There are from some of my fav Chinese drama.
+ The Love you give me
+ The Oath of Love
+ Begin Again

Also, I made a major typo on my last chapter. And Khushi's late husband name is Rahul and he's a doctor too.

Date published - 26 Oct 2023
+2.4k words

~Now back to our story~

(Two weeks later)

That weekend, Arnav was at his parent's house decorating the place since they are decorating the place for Tara's birthday. She had invited her friends from the school.

Arnav's mom helping Arnav to hang the party decor, said - "You are isolating yourself. You are pulling yourself from our family."

Arnav rolled his eyes and thought to himself -'Not this again.'

Sure, he had been spending more time at the hospital nowadays. Plus, his dad had made him one of the board members for the hospital and doing all those management job was killing him and he hated every minute of it. And he was very glad when Anjali took over AR Industries since he hated all the management thing. He just wanted a quiet life at the hospital and not handling idiots in meetings.

Thankfully, the guests started arriving at that time, leaving his mother to go and attend them.

Among the guests, Arnav found his solace in Khushi since they worked together and the fact that he knows that she wouldn't hit or flirt with him, unlike the other ladies in the crowd today, brought comfort in him.

Arnav watched the kids play around the house, making a bloody mess and sang the lousiest 'happy birthday' song to the birthday princess who was dressed in her finest frock with a plastic tiara, since she's 'a princess'.

Arnav introduced Khushi to his parents and to Anjali and Shyam.

Arnav - "Mom, meet Dr. Khushi. She works in ER at our hospital."

Khushi felt slightly nervous since Arnav's mom reminded her of her mother-in-law. It reminded her that it had been days since she last spoke to her and she made a mental note to give her a call.

Khushi - "Hello, ma'am"

Just then, Aarav ran upto herside and pulled on her pant, demanding attention. There was a pink smudge on the corner of his lips.

Aarav was finding it difficult to bed and he was turning crimson.

Khushi knew what was happening, but felt frozen.

Arnav quickly shook her and demanded - "Where's his epipen?"

Khushi quickly dug through her bag and handed him the epipen, which he swifty injected on Aarav. . Khushi immediately took Aarav in her arms and hugged him tightly with tears rolling down her cheeks.

Arnav knew what was happening and he quietly guided the duo to his room.

His mother watched as Arnav lead them to his room.

(Back in Arnav's room)

Khushi's mind went on auto-pilot mode. She knew that her son was allergic to strawberry and must have accidently take a bite of something strawberry flavoured. She knew that she had to react quickly and give him the epipen.