Chapter 3

A/N

702 Views!! 70 votes!

Story Ratings -  #6 collection out of 16.6k stories

Date published - 27 Oct 2023

THANK YOU EVERYONE!! LOTS OF LOVE!!  <3 <3

And as always, the photos used in this chapter are not mine. Found them on Pinterest.

(NOW BACK TO THE STORY)

Nk stared at the calendar app on his mobile and it had the remainder 'Rahul Bday'

She changed. But not overnight like in the books one read. Drastic. No.

It was slowly and painfully. Sometimes brutally. Over the past three years. 

But she did. And Nk was the witness to that. The change was not her wish but all it was a compulsion.

His little sister. What he would do to reverse back the time and give her life back? Absolutely anything. He knew no matter he had lost a part of her forever.  That part could never be healed because it was destroyed beyond repair and so badly that no one would ever be able to heal it.

I should have told her when I had a chance and now this is something I have to live with the rest of my life.

A few days later, Shyam just called Arnav and asked if he would try and pick Tara since he was held up at work and everyone else was busy. Luckily for him, Arnav's morning shift would end exactly around the time when Tara's school would end.

As he walked past the ER department, he spotted Khushi talking with one of the nurses regarding a patient. Knocking at door, he peeked in the room and asked - "Khushi, I am going to pick up Tara..." and indirectly asking if she wanted him to pick up Aarav in the process.

The nurse turned around and looked weirdly at Arnav. Since when does Dr. Arnav talk in a nice manner? Her colleagues have told her that he is a brooding young man and known for his low tolerance at stupidity and always on his-anger-on-the-nose mode.

Everyone at the hospital thought that Arnav and Khushi had some kind of war going on between them, since they never missed an opportunity to insult each other.

****Flashback****

Just today, Khushi entered a meeting tomorrow holding her cup of coffee in one hand and greeted -

"Morning, humans and Arnav!" leaving everyone to smile.

Arnav smirked - "Hello there!"

****Flashback ends****

Khushi sighed - "Oh Arnav, that would be wonderful. Yes, pleasee. I will buy you icecream."

which made Arnav laugh since Khushi at this count, owed him several icecreams, not that he was counting.

Khushi called up Aarav's teacher and informed her that Arnav would be picking him up on her behalf. Back in school, Aarav didn't even react since he had gotten used to Arnav picking him up at this point, alongside Tara.

Khushi felt guilty since her job had been keeping her crazy-busy and Arnav had gracioulsy and thankfully offers to pick up and watch Aarav. She felt guilty constantly leaving Aarav with him, but neither of them seemed to mind it.

Driving back home, Arnav heard Aarav and Tara talking about tomorrow's event.

Aarav - "I will be on leave tomorrow."