Chapter 4

A/N:
1.18k Views!!!
Thank you everyone for your love and support

As always, the photos are not mine. Found them on Pinterest. They are from one of my favorite Chinese dramas - The Love You Give Me

It's only Monday and my week is already going so shitty. 🙃
Let's hope it gets better soon

PS this chapter was written over the weekend and hence, seems happier than I'm at the moment. 😕

Please cheer me up in the comments.

Date published -  30 OCT 2023

(NOW BACK TO THE STORY)

(That night)

Khushi found her house to be lifeless as both Pluto and Aarav were staying the weekend at her brother's place.

'You are so strong'

'You are just a good mother'

'You should think about Aarav too. He needs a father."

She had heard it all in the past three years.

For once, she didn't want me to be the strong one or the one who adjusts to accommodate others.

She wanted to be carefree and conquer the weakness of being a widow. That stereotypical weakness of being weak and overly sensitive and pitiful.

She wanted to conquer the heaviness of the duty and responsibilities that fell on her shoulders.

She was tired from being strong. And she never realized how fragile she had become as she sat alone in the middle of the night, staring at the wall that had photographs of what was once a happy family.

She didn't sleep that night, not because of the mindless shows that were on the television which was running throughout the night. No, her thoughts kept her awake.

She sighed and thought to herself -"One day at a time."

In the next few months, Khushi and Arnav looked out for each other. In fact , the two realized that they were a mirror of each other, connected by loss of their partner but ultimately separated by fate.

Khushi too made many new work friends, especially in Aman, Akash, and Payal. Work friendships are a thing. Sometimes, the greatest friends are made when two people suffer under the regime of a ruthless manager or management.

Arnav loved learning new things about her. The fact that she likes baking. And is quite good from the cupcakes Tara bought home saying that Aarav gave her.

The two kiddies (Aarav & Tara) ended up becoming best friends so Arnav and Khushi ended up spending more time together as a consequence. Not that Khushi minded since in her own words 'Luckily, you're really cute'.

It was weekend and the kids wanted to go to the amusement park. And as Anjali and Shyam had to attend their friend's wedding, Arnav took Tara with him while Khushi and Aarav joined them.

In the amusement park, they played all sort of games and rides. From kid-friendly roller coasters and merry-go-rounds.

They played the throwing-the-rubber-rings at the which prize they wanted. Khushi won that game.

Khushi couldn't decide which soft toys to choose since they all were so cute.

Arnav who was slightly sulking since he didn't win, said  - "I have got to hand it to you, you really know how to test your patience."

Khushi settled herself for a cute white sheep plushie.

Then they played shooting-the-balloon at which Tara was terrible at and Arnav won a prize for her.