sleepy yet?

Little: chan (channie)
Caregiver:  all the members
Ship: chan X ot7 (all I have to say is that...I tried 🤚)
Plot: chan struggles to fall asleep. (Yep thats it 🏃 lol jk)
Words:1.5k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Groaning in frustration chan pushes his headphones off and stares blankly at his laptop screen.

A scenario that occurs too often for his liking.

Stress and frustration taking over his body, everything hurts. Starting from head to neck then the arms and his lower back then his legs, for sitting in this position for hours and also because of the numerous sleepless nights.

Chan not being able to sleep is nothing new, but to deal with the hectic schedules, the one important thing everyone needs is sleep, and thats exactly what chan is lacking at the moment.

Chan tried sleeping. He tried. He knows that not sleeping won't do any good. But his tries went to vain. He just couldn't. He did everything he could, like drinking honey milk, dim lights cozy bed, make himself tired, even pills couldn't make him sleep . Chan was frustrated, both because of work and also because of not being able to sleep no matter how much he tried.

Usually sleep is not something he puts effort in, but now the situations are getting tough.

Not sleeping makes him grumpy and snappy. Just like he snapped at jeongin today morning, just because he couldn't wear his headphones, or this evening when he yelled at felix because felix wanted him to eat some food or the previous day, when he snapped at hyunjin for being too loud.

He was feeling guilty but he just couldn't help but take his anger out on members, they understood his situation but that doesn't mean they were okay with it. They wanted to help their beloved leader out. They all knew he was a little, so maybe that could help him sleep and be less grumpy? They all took care of him, there was no special caregiver, but chan found a different type comfort in seungmin, whenever he was in distress seungmin was the answer, and this time it was no different.

The other members talked among them and decided that seungmin can handle this situation with a bit of help from everyone.

Chan called han and changbin to help him, he knew that he couldn't sleep and he didn't even think of going little as if he forgot that it could be an option too, anyways, he wanted some kind of inspiration to atleast get something done if not the whole thing, they came in with some drinks, they gave chan his honey tea, chan appreciated it over coffee, because coffee does nothing but giving him a headache and keeping him away from whatever sleep he gets, which is usually of 20-30 mins...

They felt bad looking at chan's condition, dark circles under his eyes, his face as pale as the white wall, the eye bags under his eyes way too prominent, all in all he looking nothing better than a zombie. That could definitely be his look for Halloween.

They texted seungmin to start doing whatever he planned to help chan because they couldn't stand him being this miserable.

On the other hand, seungmin has already started stacking up the pillows in the living room, making big enough space for eight people to fit it, he went to kitchen and cut some fresh fruits and put it in the refrigerator, and prepared ingredients for whatever little chan could ask for, all the little gears up close, room light dim enough for anyone to fall asleep yet everyone would be able to see through the darkness, he did everything he could actually think of.

Han and changbin somehow, convinced chan that going to dorm is wayyy better idea than to stay at studio and chan agreed, what he wasn't expecting was a cuddle night with the members, he surely wouldn't mind a little comfort.

He felt soft inside knowing that everyone will stay together for the night and they will actually spend time, for the first time in a while. He just knew, even if he would not be able to sleep, this will be one of the few best nights of his life, because whenever straykids is together, it can never be a bad day, no one is allowed to be sad when skz is around!

Minho was the first one who spoke up, the voice he only uses for, felix, han, jeongin, his three cats and ofc Little chan, "hey channi hyung" hearing that voice somehow soothed chan and he smiled and nodded at minho, not replying verbally, not really in the mood to use his words that much.

And jeongin directly went for a hug there was no say in between, the hug in which chans body quite literally melted like an ice cream, and he let out a sigh of relief just liking the existence of jeongin right there. Staying like that for few minutes nobody minded that comforting silence, which everyone understood.

Everything was good, and comfortable, just what chan needed.

Having felix in sight chan's eyes light up brighter than it did before, If that was even possible, the said aussie went for a long big comforting hug, this hug was different, it felt like home, it felt like an unsolved puzzle which longed for chan to go and complete it, it just fit in the right place and everything about it felt nice and good.

He sat on the sofa feeling great still waiting for someone to show up, while he waited hyunjin came and gave him his best smile one could ask for, to light up their life, and asked chan how he was doing, ignoring the fact that they all knew what was actually going on.

And soon chan's most awaited person showed up coming out from the kitchen. Whatever he felt while interacting to the above mentioned four people, it all mixed together to form a feeling which chan felt right at the moment looking at the boy in front of him, we could say the said boy was his comfort person. The person who can just vanish Chan's worries away. The person who knows everything that chan wants an answer to, the person who chan always looks for, seungmin.

Even though there is no title of "main caregiver" because everyone loves and takes care of chan equally, but what makes seungmin special is that he was the first person chan opened up to, and guess what? It wasn't an accidental encounter, chan willingly had a conversation about himself with seungmin, his fellow bandmate and now comfort person.

Seungmin made his way towards chan and just sat next to him, and took his hand into his and caressed it, without saying anything just sitting there, he knew chan didn't need any type of conversation, he just wanted to feel the presence of everyone currently present in the room. He slumped back into the couch, any type of anxiousness and stress leaving his body, he leaned towards seungmin and just stayed like that.

They stayed like that for couple of minutes, till changbin sadly had to break the dozy silence, he asked chan in a hushed soft voice "hyung would you like to eat something? I know you're hungry" and chan couldn't deny it, but he still whinnied not wanting to be called hyung anymore, he didn't want any kind of responsibility, he just wanted peace, understanding him in an instance seungmin signalled everyone to be careful from now on, they all understood and went on.

Chan wanted something very light so seungmin just gave him fruit salad and a smoothie, to keep it light, healthy and also to fulfil Chan's hunger.

After having a heartfelt dinner, they all felt sleep and tired chan did too, he has slipped in a little space a while ago, and he decided not to use his words and members respected it, while they made their way to the living room to the cozy place seungmin created, han made a quick rum to get Chan's blanket, chan gave him a toothy grin, his way for saying thank you.

They all snuggled, keeping everyone close, seungmin decided to sing miss you (by hyunjin) to sooth everyone to sleep and that helped channie falling asleep too.

They had one of the best sleep that night. Chan woke up looking better and in a great mood and like that they spent the morning together, having breakfast and fun Little talks, even though no one talked about last night everyone knew, what really happened and they were all happy about it, that it happened.

(⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕⁠✿⁠)

Author's note
Hii!! Its me again, it took me wayy longer than it should have, I just didn't find the energy to complete it, but I was able to complete:) anyways, just because it took me longer, I increased its length! Hope y'all like it! Stay safe, love you🤎✨
Kri~