06. face it

chapter six face it

chapter six
face it

Was it weird that Vidia now looked forward, not only to Mr

Was it weird that Vidia now looked forward, not only to Mr. G's class, but also to Mrs. Green's Chem class? Definitely. But there was only one answer as to why. And it landed onto a certain brown-hair, blue-eyed girl. Vidia couldn't quite place it on her own, but something was different when Hazel was around. Her stomach did flips while her brain would scream with joy.

Ever since that night at Secret Bee, they'd been closer than ever. Whispering in the back of chem class, talking during club meetings, and even sitting together at lunch. Vidia had never been this close with somebody, but she had never imagined it would feel this way. She always thought it would feel like giving a part of yourself away to someone, but it felt like Hazel was just another part of her, an extension of herself. And it felt weird when this part of herself was away.

Even during the smallest of times, like now when Hazel was going against PJ. Vidia couldn't draw her eyes away though, the two had been going on for a couple of minutes and Hazel had just gotten the upperhand. Her eyes drifted down to Hazel's body, seeing how strained and attractive it looked in the position that they were in.

Vidia snapped herself out of it, but it didn't help that one other person had seen her infatuation from across the circle. The awkward eye contact she had made with Josie caused her to look away, the smallest of blushes appearing beneath the yellowing bruise on her cheek. She tried to drown out the grunts of Hazel and PJ as their fight came to an end, her heart pounding in her chest.

And she quickly appeared next to her again, her chest rising up and down quickly, and Vidia felt like she had to fight against the thoughts occurring in her brain. But Hazel smiled at her, not a care or notice in the world and gave her a high five.

Since then, Vidia had been zoned out, pretty much just in her own head. She never really thought she'd been capable of thoughts like that. But maybe it wasn't her, it must have been the enviroment causing this in her brain. She'd never had a crush on anyone before, who was there to ever have a crush on before Hazel? Everybody else had treated like she was a piece of shit, but here was this girl. This girl who treated her like she was the best human she'd ever met, who treated her like she would want to be treated. It broke down everything she thought she knew.

And she got broken out of her thoughts as she was told that both her and Hazel were up against one another.

Great.

It felt like her eyes were shaking as she watched the girl in front of her. Vidia couldn't help but feel like everything was on display. It felt like every thought from her mind was spilling out and she was going to throw it all up right then and there. But she couldn't draw her eyes away.

And then Hazel came after her, her brown hair swaying ever so slightly and she tackled her right down to the floor. It was like she knew exactly what Vidia had just been thinking, and she felt dirty. She didn't want Hazel to feel weird because of what Vidia herself felt.

But the fight had to continue until somebody won. Vidia felt her body heat as Hazel was on top of her and it didn't help her heavy breathing. She had tried to punch her to get her off, and it was successful. Vidia also attempted to get on top of her, but as she did Hazel's knee propped up and hit her where the sun don't shine. Vidia groaned and fell back down on her back, her eyes opening to see Hazel on top of her yet again. One last hit and Hazel was the final victor, unknowledgeable to silent victory inside Vidia's head of seeing Hazel on top of her.

The night came quickly as Vidia came home from her job at the cafe. She hadn't been able to get Hazel off of her mind. How can one person come into your life and alter your entire mind?

Vidia didn't even change out of her uniform before she flopped down onto her bed and began staring up at the ceiling. Had she really always been capable of this feeling? Was there somebody out there that had told her she wasn't capable of it? It was too much. But she was tired of not facing it, of pushing it away. She had seen her useless mother do that ever since she was a kid, and Vidia had vowed to never turn into her mother.

And so she would face it everyday. She would look Hazel in the eyes, she would keep the relationship alive, whether or not it was the kind of relationship she wanted. It didn't have to be intimate, all she wanted was Hazel in her life. Everything had been better since she was there. It was like Hazel held the light up to show the path that they would walk together, and Vidia would gladly follow her that way.

 It was like Hazel held the light up to show the path that they would walk together, and Vidia would gladly follow her that way

author's note !

idk how these chapters keep being short like wtf also fun fact this is the first chapter that doesn't start woth vidia's name lolskies

word count: 915
published: october 30, 2023