chapter 2.

"No she has to be dead."

"Tommy what is wrong with you! She is probably asleep."

"Or dead."

"Tommy!"

My eyes open and bright warm sunlight fills my vision.

"See shes alive! You owe me 10 gold now!"

I push myself up and cover my eyes with my arm blocking the sun. I look at the two boys who are bickering. One is slightly taller with bright blonde hair and blue eyes. The other has long curly brown hair that almost covers his eyes. They look to be around 17 or 16. The boy with brown hair turns to me.

"Are you dead?"

"I hope not." I respond as I stand up.

"See! Tommy you owe me!" The brunette shouts.

"Evil woman." The blond shakes his head.

"Woah there sorry Im still breathing." I say throwing up arms up in a defensive matter.

"Who are you?" The blonde asks walking closer. He's bold. Nice.

"I'm Y/n. Who are you?"

"I'm big T, a big man and this is Tubs!" He smiles proudly.

"Okay that's nice, I got to go now." I look at the village and walk off leaving the two strange boys. They seemed nice?

I stumble down the green hill to the inn where I'm staying. I push open the lobby door and a warm fire hits my skin. The fireplace ablaze with warmth.

"Hello!" The innkeeper greets with a smile. He's older and around his 60s. His slight limp takes him a while to wobble over to the front desk. "Oh honey! Have you heard?" He exclaims throwing his hands in the air. I shake my head no and creep closer to the front desk and rest my elbows on it and look at him. "Oh my! There is a ball tonight! It's been years since the King and Queen have held one!" He smiles.

Curiosity takes over my body. "Why haven't they had balls, every other kingdom has them?"

"Oh my, I suppose you aren't from around here." He sighs and leans closer, "A few years back the King and Queen adopted a son. Real nice people Ill tell ya. They said they wouldn't appear much so the kid could have time to adjust. Some say he's real weird looking but to be tell ya the truth I think they want the kid to rule next and that's why they adopted him. The other kids they have, real rough I'm telling ya, one is off the rails and the other has no interest in this type of thing. A real pity. " He shakes his head as he looks down.

A ball? Everyone would be there, right? This job just got a lot easier.

"Do you think a lot of people will be there?"

"Oh well, of course! It's been the buzz around here. You should go! Have some fun!" He insisted.

"It sounds amazing, and I really would love to but, I didn't pack any formal attire and to get a dress on this short of notice." I ranted.

"Oh honey! Let me take you to the dress shop Im sure the girl there can find you something. The girl is real sweet." And with that he walked around the counter and grabbed my elbow leading me out the door and into the cool air. Well, I guess I couldn't protest. Even the man's limp could not slow him down as we dodged people on our way to the shop.

He pulled the door open to a small shop filled with fabric and dresses. There was a small circle platform to stand on and some pins played next to it. A girl was curled up in a ball on a large orange chair. Her light pink hair was thrown into two space buns on her head and she was completely absorbed into the notebook she drew in.

"Niki?" The man called out and the girls head flew up as she stumbled up to greet us.

"Oh hi Iver!" She smiled. Iver, that was his name.

"Hi honey, I have a friend here staying at my inn and she doesn't have anything to wear tonight to the ball. Do you have anything?" The girl, Niki, looked me up and down and squinted her eyes.

"Hm...I should!" But before she could run to some dresses Iver grabbed her hand and whispered something into her ear and with that he left.

"Hi! Im Niki and I think I have something perfect for you!" She exclaimed.

"Um, hello, Im Y/n." I awkwardly respond as it's still early, and she is really awake and loud.

Niki runs to a white dress shoved behind two other dresses and a large sewing box. She pushes the box and the dresses on the mannequin away and shuffles closer to me with the mannequin wearing the white dress.

It's simple but elegant. The dress is floor-length and sleeveless with a sweetheart neckline. It has some ruffles for dimension and its breathtaking.

"Isn't it perfect!" She claps her hands together and jumps a little.

"I- I mean, it's gorgeous, perfect, really." I say without looking away from the dress.

"Perfect! Go try it on!" Niki takes the dress of the mannequin and grabs my hand, leading me to a back empty room to try on the dress. "I'll be right outside if you need help!" Niki shouts.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
895 words

Super proud of this chapter and Merry Christmas!

Next chapter I'll post what the dress looks like <33