chapter 8.

"Niki are you sure this is good to wear?" I sigh looking in the mirror at my outfit. I felt too formal but also not formal enough. The heels gave me a formal feel but it was also a bit over the top. She dressed me in a black long sleeve that was tucked into long light coffee brown pants with a dark brown belt and some black heel boots. 

"Y/n its perfect! I'm sure if he wants you to wear something differently he'll let you know." She says standing up from leaning on the counter. "Now go, I have to open my shop!" Niki shoves me outside and smiles shouting good luck to me. 

I was nervous but I knew I would be able to work this out, I always do. But what would he have me doing? Would I be running around non-stop, filing papers, writing letters?

I walk up the rough cobblestone street and feel my dagger rubbing against my foot in my boot. I managed to tuck it in without Niki seeing it in her dressing room. She's a good person, I can't let her see who I really am.  

I reach the top of the street and see the castle gates with two guards at the front.

"Name?"

"Y/n Crown." He moves and pushes open the gate to let me in and I nod with a smile. 

The castle was different in the morning, it looks so calm and almost like a dream. The golden hues of the rising sun on the castle making it look of gold. 

I reach the entrance and a guard opens the door, I step it. It's empty. I try to listen for any sign of life but I can't hear anything just my own breath. I walk down a hallway to the left, "Hello?" I question the emptiness. Nothing.

I make my way further into the hallway and lightly touch the light green floral wallpaper. I hear a voice a few doors down and carefully walk closer. As I creep closer I notice it isn't one voice but two, which is worse because who is awake at this time and talking so quietly. 

The voices are louder with every small step and they aren't talking quietly anymore but rather loudly. The doors cracked and I put my hand on the door putting my eyes to the crack of the door.

"Y/n!?" I lurch back and look to the voice. It's just the kid.

"Hi." I breathe out. The voices have stopped talking now and it's been replaced by footsteps. Fuck. The footsteps quicken in our silence and the door creaks open. It's just Phil, but it can't be because there was another voice.

"Y/n! I'm so glad you're here!" He claps his hands together and smiles. 

"Thank you, I'm happy to be here." I crack a nervous smile.

"I see Tommy has already greeted you," I nod, "well I have a few things I need you to get working on if you don't mind!" And with that he walks deeper into the hallway for me to follow.

I turn to Tommy and wave bye and follow Phil glancing in the room. Pink, it's him. Of course it was. 

I follow Phil up a set of stairs and into a office. It was made up of dark wood and had a calming feeling inside. There was a large window on the back wall that was tall and fancy. Under the window was a red long lounge chair that was made of velvet and had a circle plush pillow on it. On the right wall was a floor to ceiling bookcase full of books. In front of the bookcase was a beautiful intricate desk with a rolling chair. Filing cabinets and plants filled the remaining corners as well as pictures of nature framed on the wall. 

"You like it?" Phil smiles at me.

"I- I mean it's stunning, truly." I look around. 

"Well it's yours so I'm glad you like it," I whip my head around to look at him, "yes it's yours!" he laughs at my shock. I go and walk behind the desk and sit in the chair spinning in it and giggling at how amazing this is. After years of traveling and theft I had a calm space for at least a week.