chapter 6.

"Aren't the princes just lovely!" Iver laughs leaning forward to see me past Niki.

"They are something!" I forcibly smile and laugh.

"Give them a chance Y/n they are lovely people, especially the King!" Niki smiles.

"No I will, I will." I sigh and she smiles and rubs my arm.

"Excuse me ma'am." A man dressed as a butler taps my shoulder. I turn, my dress spinning around me and then settling.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Can you follow me please, this will only take a few minutes."

"Is she in trouble because I know the king-" Niki starts.

"No no, not in any trouble I can assure you, she will be back in just a moment." He smiles and walks away. I follow, glancing back at Niki who looks somewhat angry.

I pick up my dress and jog to catch up to the man twisting around hallways and up a staircase. "Where are you taking me?" I almost demand. Why is he so silent? I need to be ready this can't be good.

He stops in front of double doors and nods to the two guards in front of either door and they open them. The room is dimly lit and the butler ushers me in. I'm going to die aren't I.

Before I can object, the doors close behind me and all I can do is walk deeper into the darkness. My legs hit a chair and I stumble.

"Don't fall sweetheart." The voice laughs. Ugh why is this the dim room I'm in, I'd rather be locked in a dim room with a million snakes.

"Maybe if you'd turn on a light I wouldn't have to fall." I retort. Suddenly lights flood the room, not bright ones but warm calming ones. The room is beautiful in this light. The high ceilings are stunning with giant book cases and objects that look as if they have been gifted from years of travels. I was touching a dark oak chair that was in front of a large dark oak desk. Wait, where is he? I spin around and he is directly behind me just a few feet away, he laughs darkly.

"Why don't you have a seat?" He raises an eyebrow. His mask is off. He has a large scar over his right eye and one along his nose, they are white and somehow suit him. He walks to the other side of the desk and sits in the office chair and I sit down in the one in front of me.

"Why are you here?" He questions.

"I think you know why."

"I do but why are YOU here?" What does he mean by that?

"What do you mean why am I here, were you expecting someone else?"

"Yes."

"Who?" I questioned, my curiosity growing.

"Some young kid, somewhere around seventeen."

"Oh." Yah I killed that dude. Whoops.

"Where is he?"

"Why do you care?"

"I don't, I'm just curious. So you want my earring? Hm, sadly I'm not going to just give it you, but why do you want it?"

"I need money."

"This wasn't your assignment? Who are YOU?"

"I'm Y/n and I'm here to get money."

He rolls his eyes, "Yes, but who are you working for?"

"Myself." He sighs and rubs his hand over his face.

"Okay sure whatever, but you aren't getting this earring so there is no point in wasting your time here, go get another assignment from whoever and leave."

"No."

"Okay fine, waste both of our times then."

"Okay I will!" I stand up and walk towards the door.

"Y/n?" I turn and he's holding a white cloak with a white fur trim. "I may be a bad person but I wouldn't let someone freeze." He walks over to me and hands me the cloak. I grab it and our hands graze each other, I smile a bit and put it on. It fits perfectly and just barely hits the floor. I walk to the door and hold the cold knob and turn around and nod to him, he nods back, and I walk out.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
687 words

Here you guys go!

Everyone thank Alrx_da_bee for me posting this early, they have supported me and given me tons of motivation to write!!

<33