chapter 4.

I pinned my hair back and shook it a little to see if it would stay, and it did thankfully because I wasn't about to do all of that again. I did an elegant braid on both sides of my head and pulled it together in a sort of messy bun. It suited the dress, and wouldn't be a hassle if I needed to run.

(Photo of hair at end!)

I look down at my hand that got cut; the cut is almost healed, but you can still see the red line. I grab some foundation and cover it as best as I can.

I threw off my clothes and pulled on the dress, struggling to zip it up. I kept my combat boots on because the dress was so long that you couldn't see it; thankfully. I brushed on some highlighter, blush and mascara. I looked into the mirror and sighed. I liked it here and after tonight who knows if I'll ever see this place again.

I attached my dagger holster to my thigh and slipped the pointy dagger in. I also put a small knife into my boot just in case. And just for extra safety I put a small vial of poison into my bun, making sure to conceal it within my hair.

I took a deep breath and brushed my hands over my dress and walked out of the door, making sure to drop the key in my boot.

"Oh Y/N!" Iver exclaims. "You look so beautiful!"

I smiled, he was so kind, this would be hard. He was wearing a simple suit, black all over, and it looked as if it had just been dusted off seconds ago.

"You like my suit?," he smiles, "I wore it back in my younger years, still fits!" I laugh at his excitement. "Does the dress fit alright?"

"It fits like a glove, Iver, thank you."

"It was my dear Annas dress. She wore it to the first ball we ever went to. Oh, how she danced and twirled across the floor in that dress." He sighed with a bittersweet smile.

He trusted me.

"I'm sure she was beautiful and a lovely lady. Thank you Iver for letting me borrow it, I'm glad I can give it another dance." I smile softly as a tear pricks the corner of his eye.

"Yes...anyways are you ready? I can take you if you want!"

"That would be amazing." It really is because I'm not sure where I am going.

The walk was peaceful, Iver didn't have much to say, and neither did I. I was nervous in a way really, would I even find this person? Would they be here, is this even the right place?

We stepped up the castle steps and once we reached the top there was a dark green carpet that sat atop the stairs descending into the castle. The inside of the castle was beautiful, breathtaking really. There were roses and baby's breath decorating the large ballroom. There were dark chairs at every corner, forming tight squares for passing secrets. The floor was a milky quartz, and the walls were the same white with green paintings and decorations. To the right was a balcony with four seats ranging in sizes. The farthest to the left was the tallest made of gold and green, the second to the right was the richest red and gold, the third to the right was blue and milky quartz, and the farthest to the right was red and white.

"Y/n?" Iver taps my shoulder, and I jump back into my senses. "Tell them your name," he points to the guard to the left of him who is staring at me.

"Oh, um, it's Y/n." He nods and turns back to face the ballroom.

"Presenting Sir Iver and lady Y/n!" The man shouts to the crowd, and everyone turns.

Well great, now everyone has seen me.

Iver offers his arm and I take it. I pull up my dress with my right hand so I don't trip. As we walk down people are sharing whispers while they look. I search the crowd for an emerald earring and find pink hair instead that belongs to Niki. She has the biggest smile and is holding her hands together closet in front of her chest.

We reached the bottom of the stairs and made our way to Niki as everyone cleared a path for us. Eyes were on us, and I didn't know why. Niki ran up to me and embraced me in warmth.

"Y/n, you look so incredible!"

"Thank you...why is everyone staring at us?" I whisper at the end as I glance around, Niki does the same.

"What are you guys staring at, I know she's beautiful, but damn!" Niki shouts at the crowd who immediately picks up their chatter again. She smiles and turns back to me and holds my hands. Niki looked stunning, her hair was down and curled just above her collarbones. She wore a light pink tulle ball gown that had ruffles along the top and a ruffle going down the center. She let go of one of my hands and raised both of our connected hands over my head and she spun me; however halfway through the spin she let go and pushed me out into the crowd. I quickly spun around but people had already blocked my way. I looked at Niki and she just had a big evil grin, "Go be social! Byeeee!"

Rude, but alright.

I walked around the edge of the edge of the mass of dancing and mingling people. There were tables of finger foods and drinks at one wall and an orchestra at another wall. The orcashtrea begins to play slow classical boring music, and I grab a drink and sit in a chair that is alone. I sip the drink, champagne, gross, but it will do.

"Not a dancer?" A voice speaks behind me.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
1001 words

Here you go babes

Hope you love how this is going so far!