chapter 7.

I approach Niki and Iver and Nikis face immediately brightens and it seems as if all her worries disappeared. 

"What happened? Are you okay? Who's cloak is that and what is it made out of?" She shoots questions at me while touching the cloaks fabric. 

"Nothing really happened, Im fine, and I have no idea what fabric, just that it is warm." I reply.

"Well, where did they take you?"

"They took me into a large office and I talked to Technoblade." Nikis face drained of color.

"What did he say?"

"He said I looked cold and gave me a cloak."

"That's it?" I nodded. "I've met him before since I talk to Prince Wilbur, but he doesn't seem like the type to care for someone's warmth." I shrug and run my hand down the fabric of the cloak.

"How long is this event?" I whisper to Niki.

"I'm not sure, honestly. I haven't gone to one since I was around nine." She whispers back. I nod in response and watch people whirl around in a dance; my mind getting lost in the colors of glowing gowns and the sound of twirling shoes on the floor. Im brought back to my senses when Niki taps my hands and searches my eyes. I look to where she is turned to and see the King. Now what the fuck.

"Y/n, he was asking if you would like to dance?" Niki says softly.

"Oh, oh um yes, I would love to, this is such a pleasure-".

"Skip the formalities it will get to my head, you can call me Phil." He smiles, his emerald eyes shining. He holds out his hand and I take it, my hand on top of his as he leads me to the dance floor. He walks us to the middle and carefully puts his hand on my waist and we connect into a waltz.

"I've seen all of my boys talk to you tonight." I hum in response. "I've never seen them take so much interest in a person, especially Technoblade." I met his eyes and they seem so curious. 

"Well he is charming man." I smile tightly.

"He is, but how did you catch his attention?"

"I'm afraid I don't know, but it seems he's taken a liking to me as he gave me this cloak I wear."

He smiles and its not a happy smile its the smile of a man who is proud, sadly proud. "That was cloak from when he was younger. He never lets anyone touch it. You've sparked something in him." I can tell my face twisted in shock by his laugh. 

"I'm just as shocked as you, so tell me, who are you?"

"Well, my name is Y/n, I just got here a few days ago and I'm a wanderer. I have no home except for the inn that Iver runs and my belongs. As well as my horse Bucky." He hums and looks lost in though as we spin and smile to the others who look at us. 

"Are you looking for a job?" I haven't really thought about that. I mean, I thought this job would be easier but it looks like its going to be long term.

"I guess I am."

"Could I offer you a job as my assistant?" He tilts his head and smiles.

"I mean, wow," how could he trust someone so easily, "I- yes, that would be great truly, thank you." I laughed. This was going to work perfectly. I could get money from this job and get closer to the earring. 

We spun out way over to where Niki was at the drink table picking up some sparkling cider. 

"Oh hi, how was the dance?" She smiles while taking a sip.

"I'd say very well as I've just found my new assistant," Phil smiles and Niki laughs then stops in shock.

"Wait are you serious?" She questions. I nod and smile. "Oh my God Y/n congrats!" She places her drink down and throws her arms around me while laughing. 

"Ill leave you girls to the ball, and Y/n Ill see you tomorrow at six?"

"Yes of course!" I smiled.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
705 words

Here you go loves <33