𝟏𝟑: 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐞

Eden looked through most of her father's letters yesterday. A large number of them branded her to be a disgrace and threatened to hunt her down so she could attend the crucial meeting. She didn't cry, and she appeared normal to everyone around her. Although it hasn't yet dawned on her that this is actually her life, she felt the internal feeling that it was another person's circumstance and not hers in any way.

Like she usually does for a day of lessons, she awoke at 6:30 am. She perches on the windowsill, facing the window, and reaches for her cigarettes on her nightstand to light one. She takes a breath of the smoke, which burns her throat somewhat before she exhales.

She stubs her cigarette out against the exterior wall and flicks the remains out her window. She rushes into the shower and uses her go-to minty shampoo as well as conditioner to clean her hair. She follows up with a body wash that has a cocoa scent to exfoliate her skin. She turns off the shower head, wraps in a fluffy towel, brushes her teeth, and applies her morning skincare.  Following that, she charmed her hair to make it dry and curly and applied some natural makeup. She slips into her uniform and ties her dark green tie, following by putting her robes and shoes on. After packing her book bag, she heads out of her room to have breakfast in the great hall.

"Hey Draco!" She walks out of her dorm and sees Draco heading up the stairs.

"Good morning!" He stops walking and turns around, his face lighting up at the sight of her.

"You will never guess what happened last night." Eden begins to speak.

"What?"

"My bed was covered in a shit ton of letters, and they were all from Father. I think he thought that I was staying at Hogwarts or something, he kept saying I was a disgrace to the family name and that he will find me for the meeting." She laughs, almost mocking him.

"Fuck, Eden. This could be really bad." Draco sighs.

"I know, it just hasn't really sunk in yet." She shrugs it off.

In the Great Hall, Eden and Draco have breakfast together. Eden, who isn't particularly hungry, settles on a croissant, some fruit, and a cup of tea.

Following breakfast, Eden leaves for her first class of the day, potions. The vast majority of the class is already seated and quietly conversing when she opens the classroom door and takes a seat. Fred enters and sits down beside Eden.

"Hey." With a whisper, he says, "I wanted to thank you for the ring."

"Thank you for the charm. I haven't taken off the bracelet since I got it." She shows him her wrist, on which Fred's charm and George's gift bracelet sits.

"It looks good on you." He gives her a wink.

Eden giggles at Fred's wink whilst rolling her eyes. Upon stepping into the classroom, Professor Snape flicks everyone's textbooks so they flip to the desired page with his wand.

"I enjoyed having you at the burrow." Fred murmurs to Eden, nudging her.

"Yeah, I bet you did." She shakes her head while laughing.

"I'm sure you did too, though." He grinned.

"You could say that." She smiles.

With an uncontrollable giggle, he looks down at the desk while pressing his tongue against his cheek.

--

Eden goes back to her dorm after dinner and falls onto her bed. She begins to write down her feelings in the journal that Ron gave her.