02 | A w k w a r d

Dedicated to londonstars for being such a kind and incredible friend! Ily x

THREE MONTHS LATER HAD DONE nothing to lessen my interest in Harry. I still found myself gazing at him whenever he passed by to get something or whenever he left for his lunch break. How I hadn't noticed him before was beyond me - who would miss that fine piece of eye candy walking right past them? I'd questioned my eye sight several times because usually if an attractive person walked past, I suddenly found them to be the most interesting thing in the world. I'd been like that all my life; watching attractive people and hoping one day that I would be lucky enough to be able to call one of them my partner. Wouldn't that be a dream? To have someone so kind and genuine as well as good looking? 

That's why I liked Harry. He was kind beyond words and I was still finding it difficult to believe he had let me away with spilling my drink all over him. I mean, those trousers would probably never lose the stench of alcohol and all because of my clumsiness and astounding ability to fall into daydreams at the most random of times. I still couldn't comprehend how he had forgave me so easily - most men would have cursed their hearts out at me and told me to watch it but with Harry ... he was just perfect.

The most perfect, handsome, kind, sweet, curious man in the whole universe. Perfection in human formation - perfect definition of the word perfection. He was simply - Jane, you're doing it again. Obsessing over a gorgeous man will not get your job done.

I quickly shook my head to rid it of my multiple fantasies, forcing my tired fingers to continue their never-ending chore of filling out spread sheets. It was hard work and always managed to leave me with coffee and food on the brain. I could really use a coffee, I suddenly realised as I glanced up at the clock. It was only 11:30 AM and lunch was at twelve. I heaved a sigh in annoyance as I watched the slow ticking of the clock, praying that it moved faster and finally brought an end to the torturous task that was my job at the ERHA.

My job consisted of the following; start at nine, fill out spread sheets and reply to emails until break, then back to more spread sheets and emails until lunch finally struck at twelve before heading back to even more spread sheets and emails for the remainder of the day until it finally rolled round to five. It was simply a delight to be working such a way. However, I couldn't complain - not verbally at least - because no matter how much it seemed like life sucked while sitting at a desk and doing the same things over and over for five days a week, the pay was ridiculously good. It paid for my bills, my rent and then left me a good amount to put towards that month's shopping. Then, with whatever was left was what I would put towards my art supplies.

Some would say I had more than enough artistic media and such at home but the truth was, you could never have enough - especially if you were like me and managed to complete at least three paintings a week. That's what my time was dedicated to at weekends - painting. Where there were some people who liked to go out with friends or go to the cinema, I had everything I needed in my study at home. The study was a little cluttered, the inside of the room lined with stacks of finished paintings and supplies. On the walls were many photographs and sketches and even a certificate I'd won at an art competition.