09 | S h a d o w

Dedicated to JerrytheGiraffe because I love you, I love Sorcery and I love Lira - Lira for life x

HARRY DIDN'T WANT TO BREAK his promise - he persuaded me to go over to his place for dinner after all. Not that I needed much persuasion. I was pretty much there before he was.

We both thanked Louis before leaving, and he wished us the best and to get home safely. He also promised to down the bottles of wine we'd bought him and we'd just laughed at his stupidity. Liam waved us goodbye just as we were about to walk out the door.

"Are you sure you want me to come over tonight?" I reluctantly asked, secretly fearing that he would change his mind last minute and change the day. "I don't have to come over tonight if it's too much of a hassle."

Please don't be too much of a hassle.

Harry shook his head as we climbed the stairs and waited by the curb for our taxi. Harry had been kind enough to call one before we left and the estimated arrival time was about ten minutes according to Harry's past taxi experience.

"I seem to be lucky with them," he'd said. "They always arrive five or ten minutes after I phone in."

"And I seem to be lucky when it comes to Chinese food," I joked and he'd only smiled widely at me. That smile was ridiculously good at making my heart beat uncontrollably. It was a smile that could cheer you up on a rainy day; it was just as beautiful and captivating as sunlight. I could have watched him smiled for hours.

The taxi, much to Harry's irritation, arrived a little later than he'd hoped and when we finally jumped in and the directions to Harry's were spoken, both of us were freezing. It always became cold quickly in the city during Autumn - well, everywhere it did. I'd always found it a lot more cool in the city than I had back home in the smaller populated area. The city didn't quite have the homely feeling to it. After all, growing up out of a city did make you think differently that way.

When we arrived at Harry's, I unfortunately found myself slightly disorientated. Probably because of the alcohol and the high I was feeling when being so close to Harry for such a long period of time. God, he was just intoxicating. I was the moth, he the flame. He the magnet and I the metal.

"What are we eating then?" I questioned as he led me through the street to his place. It wasn't a flat like my home and Louis', it was a terraced house made of red brick. There were a few potted plants underneath the windows and the front door was blue.

Harry turned to face me. He shrugged. "What would you like? I can order something or I could cook?"

The thought of watching Harry cook me a meal was intriguing. I just couldn't bring myself to ask that of him after he had a break-down at the party. I wouldn't do that to him.

"I think take-out would be nice," I answered. "And no matter what you say, I'm paying half like you did at mine."