20 | W a n d e r

Dedicated to StylesSprinkle for the amazing fanart! x

Unedited. Please read the note at the bottom.

I WOKE UP BEFORE HARRY did, and it was the  most wonderful sight, him laying on his side, eyes closed, breathing slow and hair fanned out around his handsome face like some kind of angel. In my eyes he was an angel, of course. He looked at peace, and I had no intention of waking him any time soon. I had to absorb all of his glory first.

I must have spent five whole minutes just looking at him. I squirmed closer just to inspect his face. He had a small freckle near his lips, and a slight sprinkling of stubble could be seen on his jaw. I reached out and gently caressed his skim, my fingers smoothing over the soft and the rough.

Just like last night.

The night before had been a dream come true, quite literally. I'd often had a naughty dream or two about being so intimate with Harry but never did I ever think there was the slightest chance of it happening for real. It just seemed like such a far-fetched thing to happen. But there we were, lying beside each other, naked after a night of passionate love-making. And boy, it had been wonderful. 

I could still feel his hands on my body, caressing me and pleasing me until the early hours of the morning. My hands in his hair and his lips at my throat embedded in my mind, locked away. I knew those memories would be hard to remove and I certainly had no objection to keep them all to myself.

Harry groaned in his sleep.

I carefully reached out and shook his shoulder. When he remained in unresponsive, I glanced at the time on my phone and nudged him again as I told him it was past mid-day.

"No," he grumbled. "It's still the weekend, we can lie in."

I let out a surprised squeal as his arms reached out and wrapped round my waist to pull me closer. I instantly hugged him back and nuzzled my head into his chest, inhaling his scent and wanting nothing more than to be surrounded by it until I was old and grey.

"We can't lie in bed all day," I said.

"Yes we can. And we will," he said throatily.

His morning voice was something of wonders. It was that exact voice that had intrigued me, turned me on, comforted me and made me feel like the luckiest woman in the world. To hear it so close was a blessing itself.

"Harry," I muttered in protest. "Don't be lazy."

"I'm not being lazy," he argued, rolling over onto his back. I instantly followed him and ended up practically lying across his chest. "I am simply enjoying the time I had away from the damned housing association. That place is evil."