12 | D i n n e r

Dedicated to chinavase for writing such great stories! Can't wait for the new ones to get going! x

WHEN SIX O'CLOCK ROLLED BY, I began to worry. Where was Harry? I'd said six, hadn't I? With another glance at the clock and a quick peer out the window, I made my way into the kitchen with a sigh.

Probably heading to the police station instead. His report will be against a creepy, obsessed girl by the name of Jane Green.

Fuck. So many things could have happened, I realised. What if he'd cottoned on to how infatuated I was with him? What if he did do something extreme like go to the police? Perhaps he just didn't want to come over because he had other plans or couldn't be bothered? What if there had been an accident? What if-

My panic was interrupted by the buzzer.

"Hello?"

"It's Harry," said the most beautiful man in the world.

I let out a deep, relieved sigh. "Come on up."

I was quick to return to the kitchen and dish out as much food as possible into serving plates. The chicken was nearly done too.

"Hello?" I heard Harry call from the door.

"Come in!"

A few seconds later, and Harry was walking into the kitchen, a wide smile on his face. His hair was tied back and in his hand was a bouquet of flowers. I was so surprised I nearly dropped the gravy over myself.

"These are for you," he said, lifting the flowers up. "Figured it would have been indecent of me to come empty handed. Also, I didn't know which wine you liked best so I guessed that flowers would do the trick. Girls like flowers, don't they?"

I let out a squeaky giggle that normally would have been embarrassing. However, at that point, I couldn't care less. He'd brought me flowers. Harry, the man I was way too obsessed with, had brought me flowers. If I wasn't mistaken, that sealed the deal completely - I loved him. So damn much. I wanted to hug him, and that was exactly what I planned to do.

I was quick to place the gravy down on the counter and accept his gift, fighting back the happy tears that were threatening to spill over.

"You brought me flowers," I stated as I fumbled around for a vase.

"Um, yeah," Harry said as he handed me the selection. I took a moment to inhale the floral aroma before popping them into the vase, admiring the blooms for a little too long. "Do you like them?"

I turned to face Harry and instantly threw my arms around him, hugging him tight.