My Sister's Problem

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter.

The news of what happened to Imelda Lyons spread fast across the school. A third year Hufflepuff had found her when he had ducked into the room to hide from his bully. The poor Gryffindor student had been crucioed and obliviated completely. When Madame Pomfrey had asked her what happened, Imelda had asked "who are you?"   

The headmaster had been outraged to learn of the fate of one of Hogwarts' students. He urged anyone with information to tell a staff member or himself. The use of unforgivables was strictly forbidden, and against the law. Expulsion awaited the culprit if he or she was found. 

Aurora had been terrified the next morning when the headmaster had reprimanded the whole school. She stared at Snape with wide eyes. He had only lifted a thin brow coolly, clearly unaffected by the headmaster's words. 

She didn't understand how he wasn't shaking with nervousness. She could barely control her heart from pounding out of her chest, and she had just been a bystander. Aurora couldn't be expelled. Her parents would probably kill her if she brought shame to the family. She gulped nervously at the thought of the pain she has had to endure by their wands for less. 

By the time breakfast was over, she was ready to crawl out of her own skin. The adrenaline pulsing through her body was putting her on edge. Her palms pricked with pins and needles. Aurora bolted out of her seat as soon as Snape stood, and she headed out of the great hall. 

Today was Saturday so they were not expected to attend any classes that morning. She needed some air.The walls of the castle felt like they were closing in on her. She worried that she was going to pass out from the panic swirling inside her. 

Aurora was yanked off balance and brought against a solid form. Snape had grabbed her roughly by the bicep, his grip was crushing her arm. She whimpered as he glared down at her over the curve of his hooked nose. "You are going to get us caught! Act normal, there is nothing to worry about." He seethed.

She snorted indelicately. Nothing to worry about? He had to be out of his mind. "You're right. Nothing at all to worry about. Other than the fact that you obliviated a girl's entire life away. What is wrong with you? You're so advanced at magic that you can send off two spells simultaneously. Verbally and non-verbally. And yet you can't discipline your magic enough to take away a single memory instead of all!" Aurora had let her voice rise while she was ranting at him. Her anxiety over the situation was clouding her reason, and she temporarily forgot who she was talking to. Or more accurately what he would do to her for her insolence. 

Snape gripped her arm tighter and waved his wand around him, casting a spell she didn't know. He pushed her until her back connected with the wall of the corridor. "Keep your voice down, you stupid girl!" 

Aurora's eyes widened in fright. His body was pressed closely to hers, his face inches away. She shrank back and closed her mouth tightly, not uttering another word. Snape scowled down at her, the darkness of his eyes glittering furiously. "Dumbledore knows nothing! The entire student body knows nothing! The only people who know anything are you and me. I certainly won't be telling the old codger anything and neither will you." He yelled at her.

Aurora nodded jerkily, his face was entirely too close to hers. She had been able to feel his breath fan across her face during his verbal onslaught. His smell was overwhelming her, and she was being transported back to another time he had been so close to her. She pushed against his chest to try and get him to move. 

The anger melted off Snape's face and was replaced with amusement. He reached the back of his fingers up to her face and stoked her cheek gently. "What's the matter, pet?" He asked amusingly.