My Sister Unhealed

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter

Snape pushed Aurora back inside of their room violently. She would have tumbled to the ground below them, were it not for his forceful grip around her upper arm. She grimaced at the tight stretch of her wounded thigh, as she fought to regain her footing.

"What was that?" He seethed, once the door shut violently behind him. 

Aurora shrank back from his angry tone and instantly said, "I'm sorry." It occurred to her as she uttered the words, that she had no idea what it was she was apologizing for. She had just wanted to appease his ire before he hurt her. 

Snape released her arm abruptly, glaring down at her, he snapped. "You're sorry are you? I asked you a question?" 

Aurora pinched her brows in confusion. What did he want from her? "I - I don't understand." She told him truthfully, her eyes pleading with him to be forgiving. 

He curled his lip in displeasure, "tell me what happened to you, you stupid girl!" 

Stupid girl. There it was again. Those words like venomous roots creeping into her brain, convincing her of their truth. Her father had always tried to tell her what life awaited her, she had naively disbelieved him. 

"My parents do not agree with the marriage plans. More specifically, the intended suitor of the arrangement." She mumbled quietly. 

Snape arched his brow, scowling down at her he snarked, "this tells me nothing of how you came to be covered in blood." 

Aurora's throat closed up at the reminder of what her father had done to her. How he had callously threatened the unborn life within her. She was not a fool, she knew her father was a malicious person and her mother was just as bad if not worse. However, for them to treat her so cruelly, all because of her unplanned conception with a halfblood, was too much for her to bear. 

Aurora sobbed loudly and struggled to release the words lodged in her throat. "My father.. wanted t- to rid the....ab- abomination..." She broke off, trying to catch her breath unsuccessfully. "I managed to move out of the way th- though, he only hit my thigh." She told him, her vision obstructed by the never ending stream of tears pouring down her face. 

Snape's expression had only darkened as she had been speaking. When he stepped towards her purposefully, she recoiled in terror. His hand touched her face tenderly, and she flinched when the heat of his palm connected with the left side of her face. The bruised skin was mottled darkly, and the deep indents from where her mother's nails had dug into her face burned hotly. Aurora was sadly beginning to become accustomed to the feeling of her face being discolored. She rarely had time for her skin to completely heal before she was struck again. 

His obsidian orbs locked with her stormy grays passionately, "I shall oblige his need for violence. His actions will not go unanswered." Snape vowed to her.

Aurora's features widened in surprise, "what can you do?" Her emphasis on the word 'you' had not gone unnoticed by him and he frowned at her. 

"Do not mock me." He grit his teeth in anger, searing her with his molten gaze. 

Aurora took a step back, his hand falling back down between them. "I- I wasn't.. I mean I didn't....I just meant that he is my father and there isn't much anyone can really do about the matter." She stammered out, and silently cursed herself for her newest impediment. She had never had trouble speaking clearly before, but lately she felt like her body was stuck in a constant state of panic. 

Aurora shifted her feet slightly in the wake of Snape's uncomfortable silence, "short of killing him." She murmured, not really intending for Snape to hear the words.