••• NINE •••

••• NINE •••
Sophie

I ran my fingers through my hair frustratedly as I scanned the piles of clothes I had thrown around my room and had no idea what I was going to wear. "I really liked the purple sundress, Soph! I know Ashton would like it too." Katie teased as she pulled it out of my closet and I rolled my eyes at her.

"I just don't want him to think I'm trying too hard, you know? It's not like I've been waiting for this moment since I was ten or anything." I said sarcastically and she chuckled as she sat down on my bed with the dress in her lap.

"You could be wearing a paper bag and Ashton wouldn't care!" I giggled as I shook my head at her and sighed.

"I don't know, Katie. I just don't know what his plan is and I don't want to hurt Patrick."

"Soph, for once in your life you need to think about yourself and not everyone else's feelings. You are an amazing sister to Patrick and you deserve to be happy." She said gently and I smiled as I hugged her quickly.

"I would be so lost without you."

"Oh, I know," She teased and I giggled as she held up the dress. "Now go get your ass in the bathroom and get dressed!" I grinned excitedly as I took it from her and then jogged to the bathroom to change.

I stared in the mirror as Katie curled my hair and I couldn't stop smiling. I couldn't believe that I was going out with Ashton tonight. "He's going to lose his mind when he sees you, girl." Katie squealed excitedly as she brushed out the curls so they turned into soft waves.

"You're like my fairy Godmother." I chuckled as she winked at me in the mirror.

"You know I try to make all your wishes come true." We giggled as Patrick walked by and waved at us, but he did a double-take when he saw me.

"Where are you going looking like that?" He asked and I raised my eyebrow at him.

"None of your business, that's where." I said defiantly and he rolled his eyes.

"Just promise me you're not going out with Justin?" He begged and I grimaced in disgust at the mention of him.

"I promise." Patrick chuckled as he nodded and gave me a thumbs-up.

"Good, you look very nice, sis." I rolled my eyes as he walked away and smiled. My phone vibrated on the counter and I looked down to see it was a message from Ashton on Instagram.

I'm here whenever you're ready!
I'm sorry I can't come to the door and
walk you to my car properly

I smiled as I read his message and Katie giggled. "Go have fun, babe." Katie said as she squeezed my hand. I smiled gratefully at her as I nodded and took in a deep breath.

"Thank you for your help." I kissed her cheek and she waved me off then grabbed my hand.

"Come on, I'll walk you to his car." She whispered.

As we walked downstairs and out the front door, my stomach filled with butterflies from the excitement of going out with Ashton. "There's lover boy!" Katie exclaimed softly as we walked toward the end of the block and a smile slowly spread out across my face when I saw Ashton leaning against the bumper of his car with a huge grin on his face.

"God, can he look any sexier?" Katie asked in disbelief and I giggled as I quickly shushed her.

Before I crossed the street, I turned and gave Katie a tight hug. "Wish me luck!" I whispered and Katie squeezed me tighter.

"You got this, girl." She assured me and then released me. "Hey, Ashton!" Katie waved at him and he waved back.

"Hey, Katie. You look lovely." He called out to her and she rolled her eyes as she smiled at him.

"Yeah, yeah. You just take care of my best friend or else I'll hurt you." Ashton chuckled as he nodded and she grinned at me. "Call me later and tell me everything, okay?" I nodded as I started to walk towards Ashton.

"I promise, love you." I crossed the street and Ashton took a couple steps toward me as he stared at me in awe. "Hi." I smiled shyly when I stood in front of him and Ashton grinned down at me.

"I honestly think you're trying to kill me with how unbelievably gorgeous you look right now, Soph." I giggled as my cheeks instantly flushed from his compliment and shook my head at him.

"Well, let's hurry up and start our date before I do." Ashton laughed as he shook his head at me in disbelief and I loved the fact that I was making him laugh. He placed his hand on the small of my back as he walked me to the passenger side of his car and I hoped he couldn't hear how loud my heart was pounding against my chest from his touch.

When he opened the door for me I bit my lip to hide my smile from how sweet he was and climbed inside. As he shut my door and I watched him walk around to the driver's side, I had a feeling that tonight was going to be a night I would never forget.