••• TWELVE •••

••• TWELVE •••
Ashton

Two months had passed since Sophie agreed to go out with me and I have never been so happy in my entire life. I skated around the ice as I tried to think of where to take Sophie on our date tonight when Patrick skated up to me. "Hey dude, why're you all smiley lately?" Patrick chuckled and I quickly pulled my lips into a straight line.

  "I'm not smiley." I tried to say it casually, but I knew I sounded defensive. A knowing grin spread out across Patrick's face and he bumped his shoulder against mine.

  "What's her name?" He asked and I shook my head.

  "I have no idea what you're talking about." I said nonchalantly and that made Patrick grin even wider.

  "Dude, I know when you're lying! Your nostrils flare and you make direct eye contact to make it seem like you're telling the truth." He pointed at my nose and I chucked as I smacked his hand away.

  "Shut up, Patrick." I skated away towards a puck on the ice and tried to keep the smile off my face before Patrick could see.

    Once practice was over, I walked out into the hallway and noticed Christina standing outside the locker room. "Hey, Christina," I smiled at her and she gave me a small wave as she glanced behind me. "Patrick'll be out any minute if that's who you're looking for." I said with a wink and she rolled her eyes at me as she bit her lip to keep herself from smiling.

  "We're going on our first date tonight!" She said excitedly and I chuckled.

  "I know, Patrick hasn't shut up about it all week since you agreed to go out with him." I whispered and she blushed as she glanced behind me again and then took a step closer toward me.

  "How are things going with you and Sophie?" She whispered and my eyes widened in surprise as I took a step back and tried to deny it, but Christina just giggled. "She told me last week at practice when I caught you two making googly eyes at each other, but don't worry I won't say anything to Patrick. It's not my place." She assured me and I let out a sigh of relief.

  "Well, in that case, things are going really good. She makes me so unbelievably happy, it's insane." We both laughed and then Patrick walked out of the locker room.

  "Hello, beautiful," Patrick greeted Christina and he noticed me standing next her. "I'll see you tomorrow, dude." He smacked my shoulder then placed his arm around Christina. "I will get you to tell me more about this mystery girl!" He said sternly and I chuckled nervously as I waved goodbye.

  "Whatever you say, Patrick. Have a good date, you guys." I smiled and he grinned down at Christina as she waved goodbye to me.

    As I watched them walk away, I wished more than anything for that to be me and Sophie. I couldn't wait till we were able to walk around in public with my arm wrapped around her or holding her hand. I took in a deep breath just as my phone started ringing and I fished it out of my pocket to see it was Wendy. I grinned widely as I answered and pressed the phone to my ear then started to head towards my car. "Hello, Wendy."

  "Hello, Peter," Sophie giggled on the other end and her giggle made me smile even wider as I climbed inside my car. "I just got to Katie's and Mom and Patrick both think I'm spending the night here, so I'm ready whenever you are." She said and my hear started to race against my chest.

    Tonight we were spending the night together officially without having to drive her home or worry about Patrick catching us together. "I can't wait to see you." I admitted and Sophie giggled again and I knew she was blushing. "Did you bring your Cubs jersey like I told you?"

  "Of course, but where are we going to watch them? Because they don't play at Wrigley today."

  "We're going to their game in Milwaukee and we're staying there for the weekend." I informed her and she gasped.

  "The whole weekend?" She asked in disbelief.

  "Yes, I can't wait to show you where we're sitting and the hotel."

  "I can't wait either, is it crazy how much I miss you even though I just saw you yesterday?" She asked and I grinned widely. Hearing her say she misses me made me feel invincible and I was the luckiest guy in the world to have her miss me.

  "It's not crazy at all, because I miss you just as much." I admitted and heard Katie on the other end make fake gagging sounds.

  "You guys are so cute, it's disgusting!" Katie yelled and we both laughed.

  "I'll see you when you get here. Bye, Ashton." Sophie sighed and I grinned.

  "Bye, Sophie." I hung up and couldn't stop myself from imagining what might happen between us tonight.

    All we've done is make out with each other a couple of times, but I didn't want Sophie to feel like I was pressuring her into sleeping together and I wanted our first time together to be special. But, if Sophie wasn't ready to move that next step, then I am completely happy to do whatever she wants. I think I might be falling in love with her which sounds crazy, but it's true. Maybe I should tell her tonight after the baseball game?

    I didn't even bother to hide the smile on my face as I drove to Katie's house and I couldn't wait to have Sophie in my arms again.