He Doesn't Even Care.

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of Teddy and Chris doing the dishes. They had forgotten to do them last night... Of course. I got up and made myself a cup of coffee. I hadn't really gotten any sleep because of getting up and talking to Chris so early in the morning. I was exhausted.

"I see you guys forgot to do the dishes last night. Way to go, Teddy." I said. "Hey, we were tired. You could've done them" Teddy said. "I was asleep before you guys! Don't blame this on-" Chris left the apparent. "Well good job, Em. Glad he left." Teddy yelled and went to our room. I opened the front door. "Chris, wait!" I ran out behind him. "Are you mad because I said something about the dishes? I'm sorry!" He stopped and turned around. "I just don't want to go around people that yell, alright?" He said. But I'm sor-" "Sorry can't fix how I'm feeling right now." He said and walked off. Why the hell wouldn't he talk to me?

I walked back inside and went to our bedroom door. "Teddy... I'm sorry. Please forgive me." He never answered. I got up and went and watched tv. My mom got home after being gone all night. She was hungover. Again. "Where are you brats? I thought I told you to do the dishes!" Here we go... "Ma, Teddy did the dishes. See? They're all put away." I said. "Then why is there a mug sitting out?" "I had a cup of coffee this morning. I wasn't done drinking it." I grabbed the mug, but she grabbed it right back, and threw it in the sink. I didn't say I word, and went to mine and Teddy's room.

"I wish she wasn't so mad all the time." I said and slammed the door. "I know. I'm used to it, though." Teddy said. "Em, has Chris been acting strange lately?" Oh no... He's onto him. "N-no, why?" I asked. "I don't know... It's just that he's been so quiet lately. The past few weeks, he hasn't wanted talk about home, he doesn't want to go to the treehouse, or anything." He sighed. "No, I don't know a thing." If Teddy knew that Chris was suicidal... We'd be in big trouble. "I'm gonna run to the market. You need anything?" I asked. "Nah, whatcha Goin' for?" He asked. "Eh... Just kinda wanna get out of the house and get a snack. Be back in an hour."

I headed for the market. There were blue skies, the birds were chirping, it was warm outside, it was perfect. All perfect until Ace Merrill and Eyeball Chambers, Chris's brother, came up to me. "Hey, honey, seen my brother?" Eyeball asked, and put his hands on my hips. I pushed them off. "No." I started to walk away. "Good." He grabbed me and brought me behind a building. "Let me go!" I yelled. He pulled a knife out of his pocket. "You better start strippin', girl." He whispered. He got closer to my ear. "If you want to live." He started lifting my shirt. "Hold her down, Ace!" He yelled.

"HEY!" We all heard. Chris came running with a gun. "Hey, that's dad's gun!" Eyeball yelled. "Get the fuck off of her before I shoot you." Chris said. They ran off. "Hey you alright?" Y-yeah. I'm fine." I lied my complete ass off. "You can't keep going and getting yourself into trouble. I'm not always gonna be around to help you. If I wouldn't have come around you would've been raped for sure." "So I almost got raped by your own brother and all you have to say is how I shouldn't get into trouble?" Oh, I was beyond pissed. "I'm not your body guard. You're just lucky I came around." Chris said. I snapped. "I hate you, Chris Chambers. I HATE YOU!" I screamed, and ran off. He didn't even care that something could've happened to me. I couldn't believe him!

I was too frightened to go to the market, so I just went home and straight for our room. "Thought you were going to the market, sis." Teddy said. "I uh... Didn't really feel like it anymore, so I just came home." "Oh. Well. Alrighty then." He seemed a little confused.

The rest of the day was a blur. I kept thinking about Eyeball... And I kept thinking about Chris. Chris saved me and he didn't even care. It didn't phase him or anything.