I'll Be Okay.

I went to the woods back to Teddy. "I got you a burger." "Holy shit! Thank you." He said. He ate it in less than 2 minutes. "I talked to Eyeball. He said he's not gonna bother you anymore. He also said he'll get Chris out. I believe him. It'll be okay." "You're sure about this?" "I'm sure, Teddy. Let's get you home. Try to stand up." I held him. He was a little unsteady but he adjusted easily. He still looked pale, but I thought that would change after we got more food in him. "You ready?" I asked. "Yeah. Leave the tent. It's a piece of shit anyway." He said.

We slowly made it out of the woods. Teddy took his time making sure he didn't fall. "Let's go home." I smiled. "Let's." He smiled back.

I opened the door, and our mom was sitting on the couch. "Mom." Teddy said. "Teddy!?" She ran up and hugged him, crying. "Are you okay? You look so skinny!" "I'm fine, mom. Let's just not talk about it right now." Teddy said. "Okay. Are you hungry?" "Even though I just ate a burger that Em got me, I could eat nonstop for weeks." He said and laughed.

"I'll give you guys some time together. I have some errands to run." I said, and left. I went to see Chris.

"Can I see Chris Chambers?" I asked. "I'll call him down. Just go into that room." The lady at the desk said. I walked into the room and closed the door. There was a phone that lead into the other room, and a glass window so we could see eachother. He walked in, and sat down. I picked up the phone, and so did he. "Hi, Chris." I said. "Hi, Emily." He said. "How're you doing in here?" "It's alright. I'm still alive." "Well, good news. You're gonna get out of here soon." I said. "The hell I will." Chris said. "I'm serious, Chris. You'll see." I said. He didn't believe me. "If you're not gonna be happy about anything I say to you, I'm leaving. Goodbye."

I was gonna have to bring Teddy with me. I waited a couple days until Teddy felt better and brought him with me. "Back so soon, I see. It's only been a couple days." Chris said in a sarcastic tone. "Whatever." I leaned onto the table and gripped the phone better. "Wanna know why you're gonna get out in a few days?" I asked. "Sure." He laughed. "Come on in." I said. Teddy came into the room and sat down next to be. Chris's eyes widened a bit. "Teddy." He said. Chris picked up the other phone. "You're so skinny and pale. Are you okay?" "Yeah, that's what they all say. I'm fine." Teddy said and laughed.

"Eyeball said he'll get you out by the end of this week, okay?" I said. "Okay." He smiled. "Teddy, can I talk to Chris alone for a few minutes?" I asked. "Sure. I'll be in the front office." Teddy said and walked out. "Chris I need to tell you something." I said. "Okay, shoot." "Gordie and I have been hanging out a lot since you've been gone." "Okay. That's fine." He said sounding a little confused. "We went out to dinner the other night... and when he took me back home, I kissed him on the cheek... and then he kissed me on the lips. And I kissed back." I said, looking down. Chris exhaled slowly. "I think it was just because I missed you so much and I was so upset by everything. I'm sorry, Chris." I said. He got up, still holding the phone. "I'll see you when I get out." He said and hung up the phone.

I walked out a little teary eyed. "What's wrong?" Teddy asked. "I think I just ruined everything for me and Chris." I said. "I'm sorry, Emily." "It's fine. I'll be okay." I said.

Teddy and I played cards and board games around the house all week. We didn't feel like telling anyone that he was okay yet. We thought it'd be good for us to just sit and hang out before everyone freaked out and came to see him.