Back to the Market.

It was Teddy. I wondered how he could be so surprised considering how bad Chris felt for me last night.

We startled awake. "Teddy," Chris said. "Before you freak, I just want to say that-" "Get the hell out of my house." Teddy said. "I don't want you coming into this house, and I don't want to see you around my sister anymore." Chris left without saying a word.

Teddy slammed our bedroom door. "And what the hell were you doing in the same bed with Chris? Why was he even here?" He yelled. "He was upset last night and came over." So you can't sleep in your own bed?" He asked. "I woke up to the sound of him crying. I laid with him and he must've accidentally put his arms around me while we were sleeping. No big deal, Teddy."

"I can't believe this. I can't believe that my best friend and my sister..." "It's not like that, Teddy. Stop." I said. He walked out of the room and slammed the door. Great. Just what I needed. My brother mad at me, AND his best friend.

"Is he gone?" Chris asked, and climbed through my window. "Hey, thought you left." I said. "I went out the back door. The front and back doors sound the same." He said. "As if I didn't know that, Chris. I use that trick all the time." I said. He laughed. "Well... If Teddy's mad at us, and I won't be aloud to come over for a while..." He grabbed my hips and kissed me. "I know I said that I wanted to take things slow, but what if I never saw you again?" "Chris, you'll see me again." I said. "I know, I just wanted an excuse to kiss you." He smiled and laughed. "I gotta go now. Bye, Em." He climbed out the window, using the fire escape stairs.

I sighed. I felt like this was gonna be the beginning of a war. A war of which I was definitely not ready for.

I waited over an hour before I left my room. I didn't want to fight with Teddy anymore. The second I left the room, I saw him downing himself in a cloud of smoke. "You know yours not supposed to smoke outside of our room." I said. "Yeah, well, you know you're not supposed to be with with any of my friends. But you are." I instantly got red in the face. "Teddy, God Damn it. How many times do I have to tell you that NOTHING. And I mean NOTHING... is going on between Chris and I. Stop getting mad over things that aren't even true!" I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "Positive." I answered. "Alright, then. I'm sorry for getting mad." He said in his "still pretty pissed off" voice. "I'm gonna go down to the market and get a sandwich." I said. Teddy looked at me and sarcastically said "Try not to get raped this time." I rolled my eyes, and replied with "For your information, I didn't get raped." and left."

I made it safely to the market. I grabbed my sandwich, and a bottled water. Walking up to the counter, I pulled out a dollar. I looked up and saw Gordie Lachance bagging my items. "Hey, Lachance. I didn't know you worked here." He smiled. "Yeah, my dad bought this place off the guy that owned it a few weeks ago and said I could help run it. So how've you been?" He asked. "I've been pretty good. I haven't seen you around lately. You still hang out with the guys?" "Yeah, we just hang out at the treehouse a lot." He said. "Ya know, I've never been up there before. I don't even know what I looks like." I said. "Really? Well, we'll have to change that. I'll take you up there sometime soon." He said, and smiled. "Oh um, hey. There's a guy behind you waiting to checkout. I'll see you later Em!" He said and started checking out the next person in like. It made me so happy that I got to see Gordie. It had probably been 6 months, which is a lot considering I'd see him almost every day.

I decided not to tell Teddy about seeing Gordie and him wanting to take me to the treehouse. I didn't want him thinking I liked Gordie. I also decided not to tell Chris. I didn't want him to get jealous over basically nothing.

Author's Note:

GUYS! WHAT THE HECK IS UP!? I'm so sorry it's been since what, MAY OR JUNE since I've updated!?!? My gosh. I've been drawing blanks so much and it's ridiculous. My summer was crazy, and everything's crazy right now lol. HALLOWEEN IS NEAR! Also, I started my first fanfic "who to choose" a year ago last month! And STILL haven't finished it Hahahah. I will, I promise. ANYWHO. Hope you guys like this chapter, and I'll see ya soon for the next one!!!

*Skin It and Stay Gold*